Hello, guys. I am 7 months pregnant and I will soon deliver a baby. This is my first pregnancy and I won’t tell you how excited I am. However, I am little afraid of giving a childbirth. I would like to know if there are any risks from taking epidural during delivery. What do you know about this? Thanks.

Hello. There are women who decide to take epidural during delivery. Like any medical method, so epidural does have some risks. For instance, there can be infection on the site of injection. Backache is also possible. It is located on the place of injection. Low blood pressure or hypotension is also possible. Other risks are: fetal distress, uterine contractions, malignant hyperthermia, herpes simplex, etc. I suggest you to consult with your obstetrician. He will tell you how real and common these complications are. I hope everything will be all right.