I am in 6th month pregnancy and I have one problem that makes me worry. I have noticed my feet and ankles became swollen sometimes. I did not ever hear that happened to anyone during pregnancy. I am worried because I have never experienced this before. I wonder if that is normal and what should I do.

What you have is something very common among pregnant women and is called edema. That means that you have extra fluid collecting in your tissue, or feet and ankles in your case. When you are pregnant, you retain water and some of this water will end up in the tissue, this is the fact, well known. The reason that it collects in your feet is that the uterus and baby put pressure on the veins that lead to your legs. This makes your circulation to slow down and blood to pool in your feet and ankles. The good news is that after delivery, the swelling will subside quickly, and that is something that should make you worry. In the mean time, you can help yourself some popular hints. I shall say some of those; rest on your left side, put up your feet when you can, and stretch your legs. You can try to rotate your ankles, wiggle your toes and flex your feet when you are sitting. If you have to sit for a long period, get up and walk around, I am sure this is going to help you with your swollen feet and ankles.