I have 29 years and troubles with asthma for two years. For these two years I had three upper respiratory infections. This UR infection was harsh. I’m tired. Can anyone tell me if he has the same problems, and how is he dealing with them?

I had problems with upper respiratory infections from early age. I tend to get bronchitis from 3 to 5 times per year. So, I know what you are going through. There is a high possibility that the medications that you are using are your upper respiratory infections. But, I had a new insight from my friend who consulted a doctor he met. He said that I could be allergic to something, probably dust. He says that because my body is constantly fighting the allergens, my immune system has no strength for fighting with other diseases. I have appointment with allergist next Friday. Maybe you should consider that, too. Hope that you are well now.

I disagree with the other person that said that its allergies.. I am not saying it could not be it but, I have been told by my doctor that the reason I keep getting sick is because having asthma lowers your immune system, therefore you will get sick twice as much as a person without asthma. I try & stay away from other sick people if at all possible, I wash my hands all the time, I stay away from smokers and I take 1000 Mg of esterc plus a multi every day, I am still getting sick, but it's not as bad & it doesn't last that long...I know the post is old, but I thought it might help someone else with the same question, who's looking thru the posts.
Help this helps

In my opinion there is definitely some corrrelation, to what extent I'm not sure. It is very difficult to determine what has taken a toll (Asthma or Allergy). Either way, I ended up with a respiratory infection and bouncing between antibiotics...........

I have just ended two years of agony. One sinus infection after another. It was really beginning to affect my psyche. My allergist realized that I had been treating my allergies but totally ignoring my asthma. She suggested Xolair. Once I started, I noticed a huge difference. So far, I haven't had to get antibiotics which had gotten to be routine. Now, my concern is whether I will have to take Xolair indefinitely - even though it works, it is very expensive.