I have heard about drug called xolair that was powerful in asthma treatment. As my younger sister suffers asthma, I’m interested in this medication. Who is it made for, can all asthmatics use it? Does it work like bronchodilatator or like anti-inflammatory drug? My sister suffers allergic asthma and is on beconase and berodual.

Xolair differs from other antiasthmatics and is indicated in treatment of exactly allergic asthma. It is not used in children younger than 12. It reduces hypersensitivity in allergic persons and that way reduces number of attacks. Xolair is monoclonal therapeutic antibody that binds to IgE and blocks it. It is approved by fda 3 years ago, for treatment of moderate to severe asthma in patients that had positive allergy test on perennial aeroallergen. It is administered as injection. Xolair is used along with corticosteroids and decreases number and severity of asthma attacks. Hope that helped.