Hi. I have big problems with controlling my asthma attacks.
I suffer from asthma all my life. It is in our family for a long time because my grandfather and my father suffered from some forms of asthma.
I'm using one medication for asthma all my life. It is some steroidal drug and it is helping me a lot during whole year.
But, in spring, when there are many possible allergens in the air, it can't prevent my asthma attacks.
I’m breathing very hard and often I must take some bronchodilatator drug called Amynophylin to reduce my symptoms.
Recently I heard of some new drug called Xoliar. My friend told me that it is very good drug and I should try it.
Is anybody used it and what are the side effects of this new drug?

You misspelled the name-the drug’s name is Xolair.
Well, I have been using this drug for a while and I can say that I have never used better drug in my life. I'm also asthmatic all my life and this drug brought back the hope in my life.
First of all, I must tell you that this is not a pill. Xoliar is a shot (injection) given under the skin (subcutaneous) the shot is given every 2 or 4 weeks.
This is a medicine called an IgE blocker. IgE plays an important role in allergic asthma.
When people with allergic asthma breathe air which consist much allergens their bodies make more IgE.
So, this drug is blocking side effects which may occur.
You must know also that you may not see immediate improvement in your asthma after Xolair treatment begins. It takes time for the medicine to work.
Most common unwanted side effects of this drug are cough and difficulty swallowing but they occur only if the drug is overdosed.

Stelling, how long before you noticed benefit? Thanks John Couture

i found a study on Xolair. here is a website about the study if you're interested.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed