My friend told me she uses axcert to stop her migraine attacks. She has been suffering from migraines for years and she finally stopped complaining. I wonder what kind of drug it is and if it could be useful for headaches other than migraines. Thank you for the information

This drug, Axert, belongs to selective serotonin receptor agonists. It stops abnormal dilation of blood vessels in the head and reduces pain transmissions along certain nerve pathways near the brain. Unfortunately, the drug doesn’t stop migraines from starting but only relieves them once they had started. AS for other types of headaches, there haven’t been any tests done, so they are not recommended. Also, pay attention in case you suffer from heart problems, they are known to trigger irregular heartbeat and heart attacks.