a family member has suffered all his life with chronic severe asthma, in the past 3 months he will be coughing or sneezing hard and then he will go into a seizure after wards. The seizures are not like grand malls. My sister pasted away from epilepsy at the age of 23.

Hello there deb,

Well your family member is struggling with a condition which unfortunately can’t be cured. There is only chance to reduce the symptoms and reduce asthmatic attacks. If he is using inhalator, and it is very likely that he does, than his asthma attacks should calm down as soon as he inhale his medication. In case that he is not using it (but somehow I doubt this) you need to take him to the doctor as soon as possible.

And I presume that you are afraid of the epilepsy? Well, if you are afraid of your family member asthma attacks this doesn’t mean that he is suffering from epilepsy as well. And if something looks terrible it doesn’t necessary mean that is that bad.

Well, I had epilepsy as a kid and outgrew it by age 12. I'm also asthmatic. Well, sometimes whenever I began shaking or it looked hard to watch, my family members thought it's like epilepsy but it wasn't. So I agree with neron, not everything that looks bad is bad. When body begins to lack oxygen, sometimes it can seem like something else too, but it isn't. I had grand mall attacks as a kid, and so whenever I would shake or look like I stare, or even not move or something, they always thought it was epilepsy, and then they remembered oh yeah she outgrew it officially. If you're really not sure, the doc can perform EEG on him, but I doubt it's this, probably it's just a bad asthma attack and probably a lack of oxygen or exhaustion after an attack that does seem to be like it. He may keep using his inhaler whenever he feels it coming, it may reduce the severity of asthma attacks. If it doesn't help enough, check with his doctor for better treatment.