Since I’ve had so strong asthma attack, I made usual visit to my doctor. Then he mentions something about allergy. Is it possible I have asthma and allergy, isn’t that too much? Or that is just a type of asthma? I would like to get simple explanation, because all this confusing me.

There are two factors provoke asthma, triggers and causes, or inducers. Triggers irritate the airways and result in bronchoconstriction, but do not cause inflammation and therefore do not cause asthmatic attacks. Opposite of triggers, inducers, or causers causes both airway inflammation and asthma. The most common inducers are allergens and respiratory viral infections. Allergens for asthma are the most important inducer or cause of inflammation and airway hyperresponsiveness. Probably that 75-80% of young asthmatics is allergic. The most common allergens that cause asthma are pollen, animal secretions, molds and house dust mites. Espousing to an allergen may cause immediate symptoms such as wheeze or cough. This occurs because the airways are hiperesponsive and react by tightening. These symptoms can easily be relieved by a bronchidilator.