Asthmatics, when you are having a 'tight' day, do you feel whipped at the beginning of your workout, I'm guessing from lack of oxygen?

Pollen, my main allergy and huge asthma trigger, is through the roof this week. I did a spin class today at lunch and could hardly start the class much less kick it up. I suspect I had a spin bike that was broken (it felt like there was always tension on, even when I supposedly pulled it off) so I felt like I was doing a hill climb workout the entire time. But I'm not sure it was just the bike (or that it was the bike at all... :umno: ) Have you experienced this?

Before I got on the Advair inhaler I'm on now I would definitely feel whipped from the very beginning of a workout. My guess is that it would be a lack of oxygen - I would wake up tired and I think it was from struggling to breath in my sleep.

Thanks--yeah, thats exactly how I feel. Like I'm in a room without air. I think I need to bump up to 500/50 during allergy season and back to 250/50 after. I'm going to the dr next week, we'll see if he concurs.

During my tight days I felt whupped yes. Most of the time I ended cutting short or abandoning althogether.

Sounds like a Prednisone taper is in imminent

Cherylpf - How is the new treatment working for you?

I have exercise induced asthma. I am usually find with 2 puffs of Albuterol before working out, but sinc ei have started running (3 weeks now) I wake up in the morning wheezing, even with my nightly zyrtec and Singular! I am sure starting to run in allergy season might have a thing or 2 to do with it.. but still I am a little concerned!