I had serious conversation with my boyfriend, about our sexual life. We agree that maybe I should start using some pills. We want to try with oral contraceptives for birth control. I choose Yasmin birth control pills. What you can tell me about my choice and how my pregnancy would result considered I have lupus?

Oral contraceptives that are also known as “The Pill”, Yasmin in this case, are using for highly effective means of preventing pregnancy. These oral contraceptives consist of synthetic forms of two hormones produced naturally in the body. It can be either progestin alone or estrogen and progestin. You should not take Yasmin if you have had an allergic reaction to them or if you are already pregnant. Important is that side effects of using Yasmin birth control pills may be increased decreased or altered if they are taken with certain other drugs. If you are taking some medicines because of your lupus, you should consult with your doctor before starting it. If that happened so you become pregnant, you should know that most women with lupus can conceive, have a successful pregnancy and a health baby. There is just increased risk of miscarriage, which occurs in the third and fourth months of pregnancy. Then, patients with lupus may have an increased chance for a premature delivery. As you can see, you can have a baby, but no matter what you do, you must consult with your doctor.

I am 18 years old and I was diagnosed with Lupus a few months ago but they average ive had it about six years. I have been on Yaz since i was 14 and ive never had any problems with it and im continuing to take it, i am also on Plaquenil, which does not seem to have any effect on the yaz