Hello. I'm 31 year old female and about three years ago I was diagnosed with one very serious disorder called Lupus erythematosus.
When I found out this I was very depressed and thought that there is nothing to live for anymore.
Then I met one person who changed my life for good. He believed in me and gave me back the strength for living.
This last couple of months I'm feeling quite good and we were talking about sleeping together. Last thing on my mind right now is possible pregnancy and although I'm very interested for it - I don’t know may I use birth control pills. How will it affect my disease?

Hello. First I want to tell you that you are definitely not the first one who asked this question. I have read a lot of stuff about this and listen what I have found out.
For many years the great mystery was if birth control pills might trigger off a positive ANA test or lupus, but there has not been any good evidence to prove that. But there last couple of years this issue has bee reactivated and some experiments proved that some hormones such as estrogen, found in birth control pills, may in some patients seem to increase inflammation and some types of arthritis.
So, the bottom line is that birth control pills or any estrogen medications still should be avoided by women who are diagnosed with lupus.

BCP are safe to take with the diagnosis of Lupus IF you do not have a clotting disorder secondary to having Lupus. Many Lupus patients test postive for Antiphospholipid Antibodies. If you test positive for this you CAN NOT take BCP because of the risk of forming a blood clot.