i have been taking zoloft for about 4 years and had been fine on it. i was feeling fine and went off of it cold turkey around 2 months aga. one day, 1 month ago, i had a feeling i have never felt before. i became detached and extremely anxious. this lasted for a week or two. i visited my doctor during this time and he said it may be withdrawal, so he prescribed me more zoloft. i have been taking it and one day the detached feeling went away. well they are now back again. i am a very anxious person and i am coming up with all kinds of health scares it could be which is making the problem worse! what i would like to know is..is this weird detcahed feeling and inability to focus, depressed, anxious feeling related to the drug and will it go away?

My Dr. prescribed me Zoloft. I havent taken it yet as I am doing research about Zoloft before taking it as prescribed.

Did zoloft actually make you have a better life, happier, etc?
Why did you decide to quit taking zoloft?
Would you recommend others to take Zoloft?

Your answer is highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Zoloft has helped me feel much better. I was feeling very anxious and I'm prone to depression. I've been on it now for 6 years. It takes a while to reach full effect, it's not something you notice right away and is not a "quick" fix. Most anti-depressants aren't. So be patient. It takes about 6 weeks to take full effect. You won't know if it's right for you unless you give it a try. That's the most frustrating thing about trying anti-depressants. One will work for you, you just have to find the right one. Everyone reacts differently and some have more side effects than others. It's all very personal. :-)

Do you plan to keep taking it for the rest of your life? or you will stop taking it when you think you will not neeed them?
Do you thhnk you can live wothout zoloft?

Yes, 6 years is a long time. But I haven't felt better, sure I have up and downs. I've had some pretty stressfull situations, which I won't go into here. My Dr. has made some adjustments over the years to help me cope with it. As for taking it for the rest of my life... I don't plan on it. I definately want to stop it at some point. I am on many other medications for unrelated health problems, (Lung transplant and Kidney failure, so much for not going into details. :-P Haha.) so taking another med is nothing for me. If it keeps me happy I will keep taking it.