How long will the withdrawels last, I feel like my head is underwater, my ears are ringing, body shakes, cold/heat flashes, can't sleep more that 45mins. I went to emergency room because I was very dehydrated,, the ER Dr told me to continue my course (cold turkey course) and of course the CPM team wanted me to start back up on the meds. I'm following the ER Dr's recomendation, since I've been though hell so far, why loose that invested time.. I've only been on this methadone for about 4 months and wish I had looked at it before I started. Why is such a bad Drug even legal to prescribe for pain management? How much longer will I feel miserable? Does anyone have a clear answer?

I myself am on day 8 of cold turkey withdrawals from methadone, I was on 100mg for 2 years after a gunshot wound just upped my already heavy addiction to painkillers! I haven't had too many symptoms aside from the lack of energy/motivation, some difficulty sleeping but not too bad, nausea (which I pretty well control w acid reducer), headaches( which idk if it's an actual withdrawal since the reason I got on the painkillers to start with is what they have now finally diagnosed as daily persistent migraines, years ago the best diagnosis I got was a sinus headache LOL), and tired/aching knees, not legs(which could be from two plus years of walking weird without feeling it on methadone, which I pray is not the case). I'm under 30, under 250 and would like to know if anyone has had a similar withdrawal situation, and if so, how long can I expect this to go on?