Hi all,
          im a 25 year old male from the u.k and im on day 7 of methadone withdrawal.
I was released from jail in feb 12 with a script for done 40ml per day supervised. it was holding me perfect.
I went to see my worker the day after i was released and he upped me to 60ml per day.... dunno why 40 was ok for me but he insisted i went up.
 so after being on 60 ml for 3 months we had a baby girl in april. since the release from jail i havent relapsed or anything i was doing super. i was previously takin 1.5 grams of H a day for 18 months. greedy habit, i woke up 1 day and decided no more methadone for me i want to be clean..i went cold turkey last saturday after taking my last 10ml. now im on day 7 and the cramps and restless legs are doing my nut in, i managed to sleep the 1st 5 nights ok but last nite n nite b4 i have had 2 hours sleep. i was wondering also why i cant get stoned no matter how much cannabis i smoke, usually i smoke a 20 bag a day but since i have been withdrawing its not effecting me in anyway..... ?? ALSO AM I OVER THE WORST OR HAS IT YET TO COME IV NEVER BEEN IN THIS POSITION BEFORE, THANK YOU IN ADVANCE PEEEEEPS 

PEACE OUT :0) 

I do not have experience with methadone withdrawal, but I wanted to congratulate you on making the move to get clean. Today is my first day off of oxycodone and it is so hard. I quit suboxone in June and it took a month to be fully done I think. Hopefully someone with methadone experience can tell you better how long it will be. Best wishes to you.

Thank u for your story, my daughter is on day 5 now from methadone she started this program 3 years ago to get off pain pills. She has said many, many times how stupid that was. It is a lot less painful and quicker to just quit the pills. Now on day 5 she has cramping nausea, can't sleep, or eat much. I am her mother and love her very much, she came to stay with me and my husband while she is detoxing. She is doin ok, she takes a shower every day, drinks ensure, scrambled eggs nothing else yet. She is detrimened to get clean after 5 years of pills and meth. She knows this is the last chance she has for herself and having a relationship with me, her mom, and with her daughter.we pray every day and she mediates..she said she thinks she is doin good on the 5th. DAY .