Some help I stop taking my methadine and I 'm detoxing like crazy .Can anyone help!

not sure if you are still having this issue or not but i have been on methadone and i am getting my self off.. i'm on 10mg and i definity can tell and fee the withdrawls for sure. people have told me to try suboxin (not sure on the spelling)
Check a doc for that, i have heard there is on WD from that.
but each visit to the doc i have found is 100.00 the first month will be the most expensive after that you will get your monthly take homes

I was on methadone on 3 separate occasions and the withdrawl is not fun nor easy. I did switch to Suboxone my third go around after 4 months of methadone and am now trying to get off that. Your just replacing one drug with another and these damn drug companies want you to stay on the stuff forever, they make a killing. With methadone the best things to do is taper down to the lowest dose, 5 mg. then when the withdrawl starts you will be sick for about 4-7 days. Get yourself enough of these items to last: Gatorade, Potassium Pills or Banana's, Alka-Seltzer (for the muscle aches) AND ABSOLUTELY NO SWEETS! It will not be easy but if your determined you can do it! You will be uncomfortable but if you get the items stated above it will help you get through it.

Regarding Suboxone, I've been on it for 6 weeks and took my last dose Sunday and I feel aweful. On this site I found an 800 number and I called and spoke to a rep there, she stated that because I have been on opiates for 8-years, since my car accident, that it will take about a year to get all the drugs-meds out of my system and that it wasn't goin to be easy.

However, I have a ex-friend who ended up in jail and he was one 120mgs. of methadone and taking about 8-12, 2mg Xanax Bars per day, he said it was a nightmare of a withdrawl, he spent 3 days in the hospital and after about 3 to 4 weeks he was functionable, but he was at very high doses of each drug. When I picked him up from jail after serving 130 days he looked llike a whole new person and he felt great.

So I hope this has helped you and I wish you all the luck in the world. These Drugs they put us on are just as bad as the ones we started with, just one addiction after another. They like making money off addicts and keep us doped up and they're making millions, it pisses me off.

So I will pray for an easy recovery for you, please to the same for me and get the items stated above, they will help, you can also add like Tylenol PM to help you sleep.

Good luck to you and get a support group, or family members to help you through this, if you can. I wouldn't tell my family so I go through it alone and its not fun.

God Bless and good luck, you can do, it sucks but I'm sitting here going through it with you my friend your not alone.

You guys are nuts when it comes to the length of time coming off methadone. it does not matter how many mgs. you have been taking, but the length of time you've beenn taking it. I was on Methadone Maintenance for 6 and half years. It took me a 107 days in an in-patient medical detox just to ween myself down from 100 mgs, but once again the time i was on it is what killed me. After I was compltetly off of it the kick really started. It's been 62 days since it's been out of my system and i still feel very sick to different degrees. the old timers tell me to expect 6 months to a year for my body to feel physically normal again! Have no illusions, it is the worst and longest physical kick in the world, especially if taken in a maintenance format. GET OFF QUICKLY! You think Heroin or Oxys are bad you have no idea. Steer clear from Methadone Maintenance in less you plan on staying on it for life! Good Luck...

36 days off methadone, I kicked cold turkey after bringing myself down to 5mg. I've been on methadone for 5 years, maitanence. I kept myself at low level, maybe 30/40mg a day, trying to insure I wouldn't have an awful kick when I finally got away from it completely. I didn't have as severe symptoms this last kick but I'm experiencing totally utter exhaustion. I have been unable to go back to my labor intensive job. I can't do anything physically longer than an hour. I'm taking vitamins, they help a bit. From researching here online I have found that adrenal exhaustion/fatigue is from withdrawal, as result from long term methadone use. It really amazes me how I can't hardly move or get around. I feel like I'm 90 years old. It's a huge change for me and how active I was while on methadone. I keep trying to find an answer to this terrible exhaustion. I can't imagine feeling like this for 6 months to a year. I'd take herion withdrawal any day to this nightmare. Methadone did help stabalize my life but I never wanted to be on methadone forever and if I can't get physically active, I'm going to watch everything I worked for over the years, slip away, while I'm stuck on the couch. Some of my friends say it's mind over matter, but I swear, I'm not depressed(well not yet), what I mean is this is not a mental thing, it's in my body. The only thing I can relate it to is when I had mono when I was in high school, but much worse than that. If anyone has any answers to this problem or knows what I'm going threw, please write about it. I have no intention of switching to any other drugs, such as subutex or suboxone, etc... thanks.

I have been on methadone for three years. I was at 110 mg. In November i starting detoxing at 5 mg/ week. When I reached 25 mg/ day I could no longer work or function the way i wanted to. I checked into rehab June 23rd and my last dose of methadone was on July 2, 2008. The worst part is i still feel like sh*t! Horrible leg cramps, excessive sweat ( the point where I'm soaking my shirts, yuck!!!) anxiety, uncontrollable shaking, complete and utter exhaustion, very moody, i could go on and on. While I was taking methadone I didn't have cravings for opiates, but now that I'm off everything completely, I cannot stop thinking about getting high on some type of opiate. I don't think about it once in awhile, but all day long. It haunts me from the time I wake up till the time i go to bed. I'm trying to do this. This last stay in rehab made # 8 for me. I'm tired of the lifestyle, but my body and mind won't let me forget. I go to meetings, but I feel stuck. Like i have no hope......

Thanks for the truthful input about withdrawal. I have been in the most pain I have ever been in on top of complete exhaustion. I want to eat anything and everything in my sight. I am sweating and irritable. No one told me that this would happen. It's too bad that you have to search the web to find this out.

I CANNOT REALLY OFFER ANYTHING THAT WILL EASE YOU AT THIS TIME. BUT, IF IT MAKES IT ANY BETTER, I COMPLETELY FEEL THE SAME WAY! I JUST KICK METHADONE A LITTLE OVER 1 WEEK AGO COLD TURKEY, THE WORST PART IS OVER, BUT I AM EXHAUSTED, IT'S HARD TO KEEP UP WITH MY 17 MONTH OLD. I HAVE KICKED METHADONE BEFORE, BUT REPLACED IT WITH ADDERALL. I DO, REMEMBER ABOUT 2 WEEKS OF FEELING A KIND OF EXHAUSTION, BUT MY ADDERALL HELP ME GO THROUGH IT, ONCE I STARTED FEELING BETTER, I GOT OFF THE ADDERALL, WITH JUST A 2 DAYS HANGOVER AND WAS MYSELF AGAIN, UNTIL STARTING METHADONE AGAIN. I WAS ONLY USING THE METHADONE TAKING ROUGHLY ANYWHERE FROM 6-12 AOMG A DAY FOR 3 MONTHS, I HAVE NEVER EXPERIENCED THIS. I'M SWEATY, HOT THAN COLD, JUST TIRED, MY BRAIN IS IN A FOG, I CAN'T MOVE, I CAN'T SLEEP! THAT IS THE KILLER, BEING SO EXHAUSTED AND NOT BEING ABLE TO SLEEP. I TAKE VITAMINS, BUT WHAT ELSE CAN I DO? I AM AN ADDICT, AND WAS NEVER PRESCRIBED THE METHADONE, I WILL NOT TAKE ANYTHING TO "EASE THE SYSTEMS" BECAUSE OF MY ADDICTIVE PERSONLITY. I HAVE A CHILD AND IT WAS MADE QUITE CLEAR THAT I WOULD NO LONGER HAVE THAT CHILD IF MY HABIT CONTINUED. IT SCARED ME STRAIGHT, MY SON IS THE ABSOLUTE LOVE OF MY LIFE. HOWEVER, HOW IS IT THAT I HAVE TURNED FROM SUPER MOM ON METHADONE, TO SOMEONE WHO CAN'T HARDLY PICK UP HER OWN CHILD AND PLACE HIM IN A CAR SEAT...... ? ANY PROFESSIONALS OR ANYONE WHO HAS GONE THROUGH THIS, PLEASE SPEAK UP, WORDS OF COMFORT WOULD BE APPRECIATED. :-(

I was on Suboxone, a drug similar to methadone, for about one year. I haven't taken any drugs since july 20th. I can no more tell you that the feeling gets easier than that the sky is purple. If this is what you really want, to be free of drugs, than you simply learn to live with the withdrawal symptoms. To help me, sometimes I think of how many people gave their lives in this country so I could have my freedom yet I enslaved myself to drugs. Doctors and drug companies just want to keep you hooked so dont trust methadone or suboxone there is no easy way out. Its a big cold world, and your in it alone. If there were an amount of days i could tell you where your body just lets go and you feel okay again, i would do it. there is nothing. you just push through for months and months. take a xanax sometimes to relax yourself but only seldomly. I have never been so depressed or felt so physically drained in my entire life. All I feel is this pain mentally and physically but somehow i am still here, alive, dead. I do not know how to help you because I can't even help myself. Just push through, you are alive and that is something you must be thankful addiction has not yet taken from you. I don't know that any of us will ever be right again. Each breath I take I think of taking a pill. this addiction has so completely consumed so many lives it makes me sick. i would go through any amount of pain or surgery to never have opiates in my system. they should be illegal i dont know just try to live just try to go on. i just dont know because it still hasnt ended for me.

i started taken what i thought was morfen from a friend about a month an a half ago for are pain i dont have insurence and 3 kids so going to the doc was going to be to expencive hince y i was getten it from him well it turned out to be methadone i was only taken 1-3 tabs i think 10mg just about every day for 35 days i stoped taken it 4 days ago .i feel like sh*t its getten a lil better but i bearly leave my house i started puken last night how long will this last for ??????

I was on meth for 1 year. I have been off for almost 4 months now. The dose I was taking was 120mg's. The withdrawal was hellish as everyone knows who has been there. I went to to detox for 2wks. The first day there I went for 120mgs to a big fat 0mgs. I was given librium 300mgs for much of my time there. The last to days was prn adivan. I felt on withdrawal for those 2wks. I then was placed in a treatment center and promtly began the worst withdrawal of my life. It went on and on. No one believes me but I slept maybe 2 hours at the most in 9 days. I did not think I was going to make it. But here I sit 4 months later, so glad Im off that stuff. For everyone that is going through the misery of detoxing meth it will eventually get better.

I have been on 30mg Methadone for 4 years for chronic pain and it is hands down the best pain med I have ever taken. Due to a conflict with one of my other meds, I needed to get off of the Methadone. It has been about 3 weeks (not sure to be honest) I started cutting down 5mg per week and have been off completely less than a week. When I ask the pharmacist about how long I might expect withdrawl symptoms, I was told that due to the length of time that I have been on them it could take a month or more. I am thinking okay, no biggy, I've dealt with withdrawls before... Now I have to say that I was certainly not expecting this! I have left over Methodone that I disposed of, but even before I did, I am so sick I don't think I could ever take another one! Anything that makes a person feel like this coming off of it, can't possibly be good for you! At least I do not have the psychological dependance to deal with as well as the physical! Oh, there have been more than I few times that I thought "just shoot me" (just an expression, I'm honestly not suicidal), but it certainly didn't make me want more of this drug, quite the opposite actually. The last few days I have had times where I can tell that I am getting better, just to wait an hour or two and have it hit me again. I am coming from this from a little bit of a differnt angle than some, but it doesn't make the withdrawls any easier. I am very glad that I found this site! I have learned a lot already and really appreciate what everyone has posted. I truly feel for each of you! For me it has been hard to separate my physical challenges (the reason for the meds in the first place) from the withdrawls at times. Now I understand the profound fatigue, will stay away from the sugar and drink more gatorade. Today has been the first day that I have been able to take any vitamins and/or supplements, so it is a start. I have an esophagus & stomach issue and this hasn't helped them much, but hey, I'm losing some weight! although, I don't have a lot of muscle.
I just try to rest, stay hydrated, think positive and know that it will be over soon! I keep telling myself that I am healthy, that I am fit, that I am not in pain, that I am energetic and active, etc.
Please hang in there each and everyone of you and know that it will so be worth it, because each of you are worth it!

I just wanted to post just as the guest above me did that it does pass and that I admire the strenght of so many of you for dealing with this disease. I know that it's very difficult to get over but you are all very strong and I admire your strenght very much!! Good luck to all of you.

I can't take this anymore. I was on 75mgs a day for 7 months. I have been going at it cold turkey for ten days and it is still hell.
I still threw up this morning. I can't stand the the cold sweats. I am very cold, but sweat soaking shirts. I am really thinking about going back, but I don't want to throw money away for the rest of my life, because I know if I do, I will go forever. I have even thought of suicide. I hate this, I wish I would of stayed on oxy's. I would much rather take that detox than this.

Hey, I just wanted to tell my story and see if it helps some people. the younger people who havnt been on opiates as long. I was smokeing/snorting heroin for about 2 years and i acually quit cold turkey one time after the first 6 months and it wasnt bad at all. but after getting back on heroin for another year and a half I needed help, I got on methadone, It was supposed to be 3 moths on 3 months off, but when it got to the 3 month mark, I was still useing and had a double habbitt. Because they brought my dose up so slow. anyways after about 7 or 8 months of methadone maintanece I was so tired of going there everyday and giveing them 300$ a month, so i just stop giving them money and they put me on a 21 day detox, I was at 90mg at my highest point. i went down by 5 mg a day till the last 4 days. then i was on only 1mg for 4 days, today is my first day with nothing, and honesty it hasnt been horrible, I havnt lost any sleep, I havnt thrown up, I have the fatigue and acheing, and running nose, and cold sweats, hot flashes, but all in all, its nothing i cant handle. during the last 21 days i havnt used any opiates, I bought some 5mg valum's to help with anxiety and what not, but all I cant say is Eat as healthy as you can, Take multi vitamins, drink water like theres no tommorow, and stay as busy as you can, the more you talk to people, and do things you used to like to do, the easier it makes it. think as possitively as you can and always tell yourself it wont be forever. youve made it this far, dont f**k it up now. Peace to all addicts, it does get easier