I have been on methadone for almost a month now and I'm hearing that its really hard to get off it. I'm taking 70ml a day I think I will wait till I get my meth to take home and then start to come down very slowly. Dose anybody have any ideas or tip to getting off of meth.

Thanks

I AM ON METHADONE AND HAVE BEEN FOR ALMOST 2YRS AND I AM ONLY ON 10MG AND YES IT IS HARD TO COME OFF OF NOT AS BAD AS OC WITHDRAWELS BUT THERE ARE SOME. I HAVEN'T DROPPED ANY LOWER CAUSE I AM TRYING TO POSSIBLY GET ON SUBOXIN THEY SAY THAT IS WHAT HELPS YOU COME OF THE METHADONE AND THERE ARE NO WITHDRAWLES FROM THAT...............

CHECK INTO THAT.

I have been on methadone for almost 15 months . You just need to worry about the cravings right now. Even though you are on methadone you still will have the cravings for opiates. You just got on methadone and your already wanting to get off. I started on 30 mgs thats the federal law in Atlanta ,GA. I went up to 120mgs that held me for about 5 months. I started to taper on a weekly basis at 5mgs. I am now on 40mgs almost there.I can give you this advice Don't go up on your dose if you DON'T NEED to methadone is to get off opiates remember that. The higher and longer you are on methadone the harder it is to kick. If your not the most responsible person i dont recommend tapering with the take homes because of the easy access. Remember were drug addicts you give us drugs, we do them. You made the first step now just follow through . Good Luck!!!!!! Let me know when you start to taper and i can give you some advice. I would go ahead and get into shape if your not already. A weak body detoxing from metha is NOT GOOD . Take some vitimins.

Its been about a year now that I have been on Methadone I was at 85ml a day and now I'm at 36ml a day a feel great.

I have done so much search on coming off methadone. Here is what I have found.

If you have been on methadone for a long time the the best way is come down by 1 ml per week and then stay at that level for say 2 weeks then do it again 1ml every week. I have now found one other person at my Meth clinic that did this and last week he was at 2ml and stopped its been one full week he feels fine.

Steve

It's not a good idea, even here, to call it "meth". So many people that don't know any better think meth or methamphetamine is the same as methadone. Usually "meth" refers to methamphetamine, it's better to say the entire word, methadone.

I've had people see new stories on methamphetamine and say to me, did you see that story on the news about that methadone? Crazy.

I WAS BUYING MY METHADONE ON THE STREET BECAUSE I HAD FOUND A JOB AND DIDNT WANT TO RELAPSE ONTO HEROIN UNFORTUNATLY I ENDED UP ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE LAW(POLICE ASSAULT/SCOTLAND). EVEN THOUGH I HAD A JOB I STILL GOT SENT DOWN FOR EIGHT MONTHS. I THOUGHT I VE ONLY BEEN TAKING 15ML-25ML DAILY FOR 6 MONTHS AND THOUGHT MY RATTLE WOULD BE A CANTER, HOW WRONG I WAS. I GOT THE STANDARD PRISON DETOX OVER 12 DAYS VALIUM AND DF118. THEN NOTHING TO BE HONEST IT TOOK ABOUT TWO WEEKS TO KICK IN ;12 WEEKS LATER I STILL COULDNT SLEEP AND WAS STILL SNEEZING AS WELL AS FEELING ALL THE ANXIETY AND EVERYTHING ELSE THAT GOES WITH COLD TURKEY. I STILL DIDNT FEEL "RIGHT" AFTER 4 MONTHS WHEN I GOT OUT. NOW IVE RELAPSED AND AM TAKING HEROIN AGAIN AND BECUASE OF THE BAD EXPERIENCE I HAD IN THE SHOVEL I DONT WANT TO GO BACK ON METH. IVE TRIED SUBUTEX AND COULDNT SLEEP IT FELT LIKE A PLACEBO I WAS TAKING 16MG DAILY. ALL THE QUACKS CAN OFFER IS METH AND MORE METH. I THINK RESIDENTIAL REHABS ARE THE ANSWER AND IM SURE MORE PEOPLE AFFLICTED WOULD RECOVER. HAS ANYONE HAD A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE TO ME? WHY DO THEY GIVE OUT METHADONE WHEN ITS SO HARD TO GET OFF?

i was on methadone for nearly 10yrs i found it one of the hardest thing to do when i tryed giving it up frm the age of 17 - 25 i was in and out of treatments the physical part of the sickness is so hard to cope wit. i eventually ended up in prison as i was shoplifting to get money to buy more methadone on d streets even though i was been described 120mls but as d yrs went by my tolerance just got higher.i eventually had enough and after i lost my teeth at d age of 25 i decided enough was enough i had also lost my partner of 9yrs to drugs the yr before and was left wit my 1yr old daughter alone,it was time to fight this addiction.i i went into rehab and done alot of councilling and i fought through my sickness so hard i was determened to win this fight as i was emotionally drained. i am glad to say i am 7yrs clean now and training to be a keyworker and work wit addicts. i ave never relapsed or never even thought of goin bck there as i could never go through tat experince again the sickness was tat bad

I have been there and know what the withdrawls are like as a matter of fact I didnt even know that teary eyed can be a withdrawl which I guess thats because of the no sleep symptom that comes with the withdrawls. I was taking hydrocodeine and then realized that i could take 3 to 4 hydros at one time and have to take the same amount within 6 hours. Then came the methadone which at first seemed to be great cause for the same street price I could just take one 10mg pill and half it with it lasting me 2 days. then came the buzz factor and Id take a 10mg pill for one day and feel warm and motivated. so I was on a 1 to 2 pill regiment a day. But then they became hard to find and the clinic came. I could go to the methadone clinic and pay $14 and get as high as I wanted. I started out at 30mg and worked my way up to 85mg and then came the money factor where at times I couldnt afford to go and have to miss my 85mg dose for sometimes 3 days which I would find some off the streets and be able to get away with a 10mg pill which was cheaper than the $14. I was taking methadone all together for about 2 and half years. Which recently I switched to suboxine It was a little difficult at first but if you truly want to get rid of the junky feeling where you get that warm itchy motivation then suboxine is the way to go for me at least. I no longer have withdrawls frm methadone and the way it works is that it blocks any opiates you take yet takes away the withdrawls. The only catch is that you have to be free of opiates in your system for 72 hours but for me it was only 24hrs. and I was scared at first so I only took a half and then finally by the third day of my prescription I was taking my appropriate dose of 2 times of 8mg a day. I know that it sucks when you think about the fact that your just substituting one drup for another but suboxine withdrawls are not as severe as methadone. I have even skipped a few days just to see if I could tell and it was no where near as bad as the methadone. So if you have insurance and can get your suboxine payed for then that would be the way I would go. I do at times miss thinking about that itchy warm motivation but that part is the mental part which at least its not physical. So methadone is better that hydros but if you want to have an easier whinging then I sugest suboxine. :-D

i got took of my meth a week ago i was on subtex before that i came of 30 ml . so now iam doin my own detox . valuim and df 118 there helping the withdraws . i am rattling the now but i think its all in the head . iam getting a sleep the now just hope iam doing it the right way if not somone help . all the best on every one thats took the jump

hey my name is Jamie and i have been on methadone for about four years now. The best thing that you can do with coming off of methadone is to lower what you take a day down to at lest to 20ml a day thin skip every other day. that is what i am doing to come off of it i was taking 120ml a day and right now i have not taking anything for five days. i am a single father of four children and thats the only way that i could do it and steel do everything that i needed to do for the kids but also i have been taking b-12 to help me its not e-z... GOOD LUCK!!!!

Jamie lee robinson wrote:

stevepmd wrote:

Thanks

I am also on methodone but paying more than $600 dollars a month is taking a toll on my finances and not to mention my husbands mental state because of course with him being the man of the house he stresses over the money. He does however agree that it is worth it to keep me from doing almost 300 MLGs a day of roxy. I started off just taking a hydro here or there to see what the big deal was well soon enough I started getting the high that everyone else was making a big fuss over and it felt great. I was able to keep up with the housework and everything in between, I felt like superwoman. I started on 30mgs in Jan, now I am at 70 and it is the end of may. I keep asking myself what happens next? I am finding myself wanting to just forget the cinic and go get high. This is so stupid because I have come so far, but through this whole process I have promised that I will never go back to the streets and lose everything my husband and I have worked so hard for. I think I am asking myself this because of the money factor and the time factor. My husband puts pressure on me without intending to by asking me when I am going down every other week. I finally got so aggervated by this that I just started lying to him and told him I am down to 15mgs. He has never had to struggle with an addiction like this and doesn't understand why it is so hard. That frustrates me that he thinks that I can just wake up one day and say "Okay I am better and everything is going to be great!" I worry too because he expects me to be completely done with the clinic by july at the latest. So I am already making plans of what I need to do after july. I know that if I do not stay in treatment I will return to bad habits but I do not want to lie to my husband anymore either! Help please I need advice but in my case there is no telling my husband the truth because where he is 59 I am only 24 so he is in a more old fashioned frame of mind.

I've been on methadone for 7 years. It has never given me the warm, itchy feeling like real opiods did. I also take Loritab. I want off all of it. It is costing too much. My MD gave me the Rx now the only MD I can find to give it to me is a real drug dealer. Charging 100s of dollars each month with stupid test to make sure I'm taking them not selling them.
I can't find a decent MD who cares about my sciatica, and osteoarthritis who will give it to me for my chronic pain anymore, what should I do? How do I get off this stuff? PLEASE HELP.

Wow that sounds really good. I'm on 60mg of methadone and 30mg of loritab every day right now. I desparately want off, I went to WalMart and they won't even fill Rxs for the MD I get my dones from. He is nothing more than a legal drug dealer, and he's making bank. I've had a lot of good MDs who monitered me and my condition, this guy only prescribes opiates and benzos and he tests you every other month to make sure you're taking your meds and not selling them. The bill for that is $610.00 to see him $100.00 a month, $125.00 if he tests you. I can't afford this I guess I'm going to just have to live with pain. Bad pain.

I have been on methadone for 2 yrs and I am now at 10mg I tried to go to 5mg and was so sick so I went back up! I was going to get on suboxin and found that it will take you to withdrawl! It is so hard to come off this! I am having so many withdrawls, I just want to be off it is a slow process!!!!!

about the same as i've been on it was on 60 ml a day but went down 5 ml every 2 weeks or more if i didnt feel up to it i went down 2 ml every 2 weeks then from 20 but everyone is different im now on zero and been 4 days without it and no real discomfort as of yet or when i was reducing just take your time dont set a time go down short and try not think you will get withdrawls that brings them on but some xanax and a sleeper is all you will need if anything smoking weed also helps alot best of luck :)