I recently had a CT Scan, there was a incidental finding of: 10 mm focal hypodensity invloving the left adrenal gland. A dedicated adrenal protocol CT or MRI should be considered, surgery consult.

What does this all mean. Can you give me all the details about this?

Thanks

Hallo,

I am not sure if you know but adrenal gland is very important gland in our body. It regulates the adrenalin in our body which as you know is very important to be balanced. If I am not mistaking this is a lesion that you have on your adrenal gland. Can you tell me more about your condition? Can you tell what kind of symptoms do you feel in your body? I am not sure if you doctor told you what you need to do next and if you will need a surgery in order to remove this lesion? I hope that you will get rid of this condition.  

All the best to you,

Karen

Hi I am also in the dark after a ct scan revealed hypodensity in the adrenal glad (which was removed a year ago) bed. "The area of hypodensity measures 2.2 cm transverse x 1.5 cm AP x 1.5 cm LS." according to the report. Due to the size the surgeon ordered a MRI in six months time to see how fast it is growing. I did not have chemo after the removal. He said he can not cut there again. What does the hypodensity indicate?