can a toumor on the adrenial gland be found benign by only a ct scan?

Health Advisor
Actually, there three other tests that could be used to examine both the adrenal glands and the rest of the abdomen for the presence of a tumor, it is just that ct scan is the most reliable and often used.
For example, ultrasound could be also used for any type of adrenal tumor, can look at kidneys as well but ultrasound is not that accurate.
The, there are MIBG scans, which are used only for one type of adrenal tumor called pheochromocytomas, which produces excess adrenaline. It doesn’t’ detect any other tumors.
CT and MRI are the best and the most reliable. MRI is better for pheochromocytomas, although it could be used for other tumors as well. For the pheochromocytomas, it could be as effective as biopsy. CT scan is designed to detect any tumors. It is painless, takes about half an hour and gives very accurate measurements. MRI scan lasts for an hour or so.

Have you been found an adrenal tumor or are you suspected?
Are you signed for a CT scan?

I have had a spot on my adrenial gland since 2000! TheDrs. are suppose to take test to make sure it is the same size. I take it, the spot is a tumor they are refering to! Should this be removed or is it okay being left in! What other problems can it cause if any? I am a type 2 Dieabetic. I now found a lump in my upper stomach in which they are making an appointment for an Mri. My stomach is like I am 8 months pregnant! I have COPD but have stopped smoking , been 1yr an7months. There is a lot of Cancer in my family an It scares me! Sometimes I think I am a hyprocondreack! I just know my body! Last yr in July I had acute pancretitus attack!
I also have had Adenomatous poylops removed an have to go bac again. I am just so messed up! I will be 60 in 2008. Thank you for your advice an help!

I am 46 will be 47 and have a right adrenial tumor. I've been told it's active , its not active. its cancer its not cancer. Ive been battling this for over 2 yrs they found tumors last june but Ive been sick for over 2 yrs. I have horrible stomach pain, cant eat , vomit, diarehhea tired all the time, my heart races, cant breath have chest pain, feel like im going to die when i have these attacks that in the start of this only happened once in a while now its almost every day sometimes two to three times a day. I just had the mibg scan the other day. Still the same old c**p with the drs. Ive been threw about 15 to 20 drs because of the way ive been treated or lacked of being treated. so i hope maybe bt talking we may help each other some way.

Me...too terrible for years...now find tumor..because looking why I'm sick...thr say leave it??? What?? Lets not forget that I too have been dismissed also...for at least 17 yrs....want to die

Please....i suffer the same.....left adrenal gland... II geting same c**p!! I'm so sick...too thin cant lose more weight...but that's irrelevant to any Dr...my Bp is insane...no cholesterol?? I feel like my body is melting...if you find a compassionate merciful Dr...pleade let me know..am in wisc...will travel anywhere to get quality of life back...