I've just been diagnosed with an enlarged pineal gland via an MRI. My doctor now wants me to have a contrast MRI. Everything I read says enlarged pineal glands are caused by cysts/tumor/lesion. Is this what I have to look forward to? Is it possible to have an enlarged pineal gland w/o having a tumor/cyst? Is this treated with meds or surgery? Is it life threatening? thanx

Hi! All I know that both tumors and cysts on pineal gland may be cause similar or the same symptoms from the cysts/tumor pressing down on surrounding structures, so it is hard to suspect anything until scans show the real picture.

There are cysts that are asymptomatic i.e. don’t cause any symptoms and it probably means that they are very small. You didn’t mention having any problems and symptoms. Such small cysts are left alone and monitored occasionally but large cysts that are causing negative symptoms are most commonly removed surgically. (there are three procedures).

Surgical removal of the cysts usually leads to improvement of the symptoms.

As for the tumors, there are a few kinds. Most surgeons perform biopsy before performing a surgery to remove the tumor. Tumors can be treated with chemotherapy (drugs) as well.

The only other information I managed to find is that pineal gland may be enlarged due to excessive melatonin production and that this occurs, a person may experience reduced sexual functioning. And melatonin excessive production is induced by darkness.

I hope everything goes well for you. When is your next MRI scheduled for?

I am a 26 year old male. I was recently diagnosed with an enlarged pineal gland via a MRI scan. My neuro consultant had never heard of this before in a young man. Does anybody have any advise for me? Is it serious?

The Pineal gland is supposed to be larger than it is. We humans haven't used it in a few hundred thousand years. The symptoms should be, remote viewing, loss of appetite, optimal health and balanced hormones. Doesn't sound bad to me. :-D

"Guest" is right, enlarged Pineal gland, feel lucky, most of society doesn't have that anymore, but every civilization before modernization used to do exercises to enhance their Pineal gland.

The Pineal releases Dimethyltryptamine (DMT) when you sleep, the most highly psychedelic chemical on the planet, it's called the connectivity molecule. It exists in every plant and animal on the planet and what connects us to nature and one-another.

The Egyptians were most known for their practices of enhancing the growth of their Pineal glands and look at the intelligence levels of those people, and it's been proven that over time, those practices have been taken away from us and the combination of technologies emitting electric waves, hybrid foods, synthetic chemicals, GMO and toxins into our daily lives actually shrink the Pineal gland, which is why most of society doesn't have larger Pineals and why our connectivity with one-another and the world AND our intellectual capacity has almost completely disappeared.

Just research it, do some deep research and then ENHANCE what you have, you'll be better off for it. Your doctors are dead wrong.

look into shiliajit it decalcifies your pineal gland also avoid flouride as much as possible which is hard as it is being added to our drinking water. Dont believe that something is wrong with you. A large pineal gland can allow you to view reality in its true context with no bias or personal attachment to cloud your judgment its such an advantage and if you do some research on symbols of the third eye (pineal gland) you'll start to see that corporations and many other successful and large organizations use these symbols in their logos building art etc. These people know the practices to fully utilize their pineal gland do some research and start trying to open that third eye 

my friend is in severe head and neck pain...vision is blacking out, can't focus on anything real well, numbing and tingling in right arm, vomitting, went to ER 3 times in last week, did ct scan, found pineal gland is swollen.  Referred her to Neourologist, but she can't get in for 2 weeks.  She's a mess...They r drugging her, but nothing is taking the pain away or symptoms.  Can barely sleep.  What to do?  They won't do an MRI in the hospital which they said she needs, until she sees a Neurologist.  RIDICULOUS!

Hello
I'm 35.
Discovered cyst measuring 1cm 7 months ago.
New MR scheduled for October.
Symptoms all know (fatigue, imbalance, headaches, ...).
Headaches nonexistent after applications of acupuncture. My acupuncturist is not a doctor. He is a master of the school Neijing, which uses Chinese medicine. A legitimate acupuncturist treats the soul and feelings, which brings better physical health.
Currently my physical condition is what interests me less. Open my heart, and practice mindfulness has been my focus. Jack Kornfield's books has me very well pointed the way forward. In this life there is no reason to fear.
Are you all in peace, quiet and peaceful.

This is a very good example of devolution....yes, DEvolution!

While testing for something else in an x-ray results prompted my Drs to do a CT scan of my head which revealed a much larger than normal Pineal Gland...the Drs said it was just how I was born. No cyst or growth and they sent me on my way. That was over 20 yrs ago so I guess I don't have to worry about it and perhaps you don't either. Good luck. 

Have your dreams been more vivid? How is ur sleep pattern? Are you okay?

Originally I was told I had a cyst on my pineal gland. I was in pain and was taking codeine and naproxen which helped some of the symptoms but did not take the pain away.  

But when I saw the neurologist she told me the dr got it all wrong. 

The gland had swollen because of the medication I was taking. So just be careful if you have regular headaches or migraines as it just inflames it. 

I am now on Topamax and now have a clearer head. But unfortunately have to go cold turkey on the codeine. 

The neurologist said that the pineal gland is usually bigger when you are a child as it activates your sleep pattern (when you are young you can sleep for 10 hours a day). And when you are older there is no average size of how large it actually should be and just means you need to drink loads more water and eat more sugary fruit and sweets like chewit's every two hours to keep alert. 

My pineal gland is currently 12mm in size. I have another scan in February. If there is any change I will let you know if the new tablets work. 

I am a natural born daydreamer with my head in the clouds, so no wonder my pineal gland is still the size of a child's :-)

You have no idea nor do most doctors about pineal glands.
Mine is slowing increasing and now a size 9 mm. Headaches are so bad that I can't function for anything. My children see me on the couch medicated more than they see me interact with them. Did I mention personality changes, loss of balance, numbness, pins and needles in both legs, arms and hands. Oh yeah, some days you can't walk because the pain is crushing. So when you live with one, then you can say it doesn't sound bad to you. Until, don't preach what the doctors do when they don't have a freaking clue.

I have the same situation except im 14 so I think it may just be hormones but if it's not then at least it is not as bad as I thought it to be C:

That's something you should look into yourself the gland itself is supposed to be larger than what it appears on a regular mri could be a syst or could be your penal gland is decalcified and had returned to its normal size go read up on penal gland decalcifying and water floridisation