Hi! I have a serious problem. My doctor told me yesterday that a tumour damaged one of my adrenal glands. Probably I will need to go to surgery. Now I'm terrified. How could I live without one of my adrenal gland? I'm wondering are there any other treatments for my problem. Thanks!

There are various treatments for adrenal tumor. One of the most commonly used treatments is surgery. Also there are few types of surgery that can be performed to remove tumors. But radiation therapy is also a treatment option for some adrenal tumor patients. You can live with only one adrenal gland because you will take adequate medications.

Iv'e had an adrenal tumor for several years each time I have an ultra sound the adrenal gland is just slightly larger...Im concerned that this might develop cancer???My mother had kidney cancer...but died later of Lymphoma ...should I be worried My surgeon says he wants to just keep an eye on it because it is very invasive surgery...woul appreciate your input tha %-) nk you.Mary Lou %-)

I was told I have a lesion on my adrenal gland after going in because of a kidney stone that was causing me to urinate blood. I don't have insurance and the kidney stone operation is going to set me back financially for a long time. They told me not to be alarmed but just should have it looked at. I thought maybe I could get by for a while without having it looked into further, but reading these statements on here has me worried. What's the worst case scenario if I leave it and don't get it checked?