Approx. 7 years ago, an adrenal cyst was discovered during a CT scan. At that time, it was decided to just monitor the cyst for any change. Two months ago, a second cyst was noted on the same adrenal gland when I underwent a CT scan to diagnose kidney stones. I should note that my mother and aunt both had adrenal glands removed due to symptomatic cysts. My symptoms are left side back pain, night sweats, extreme fatigue, migraines, and weight gain. My doctor doesn't feel it is necessary to investigate this any further. Any thoughts on this matter would be appreciated.

Hello, well since you say that your mother and aunt had the same problem it turns out to be genetic. Are you planing on removing your adrenal gland as well or? Doctors are right most of the time but if you are not sure about your diagnosis you should ask for a different opinion. Many people are scared to get the second opinion because they think they will hurt their doctors feeling but that is not true. Your doctor will rarely suggest you to get a different opinion ( no sense) but if you do and you show him he will be glad you did it because based on other opinion he can be more sure about his diagnosis. So my advice is to go look for another doctor and ask him what he thinks you should do about your problems.