Any one ever been told they have a hemangioma in their spleen? If so, were you told why? I have researched the net and really can not find anything in reference to spleen hamangioma's. Would appreciate any ideas. Thanks

I just had my spleen removed due to hemangioma's of the spleen. I had no symptoms but a cat-scan showed a lesion. Dr. said they cannot biopsy the spleen because it is made up of blood - so to be sure it wasen't cancer I had it removed on Dec. 1, 2008. Thank God it was a benign multi nodular hemangioma of the spleen. No one knows the cause of this

I also had my spleen removed in Nov 2008 to make sure the tumor detected in the scans was not cancerous. I did have symptoms where i felt like i had a pulled muscle on the left side of my stomach. My dr. ignored it for a while thinking it was probably over exercise.

I had it removed - not easy surgery at all - but after recovery, i have no ill effects. I just was told to always have a flu shot and the pneumonia vaccine to help protect against infection.

I had my spleen removed in January 2009 due to multiple hemanginomas. Could there be a relationship between histoplasmosis and hemanginomas? I lost the vision in my right eye not too long ago due to histoplasmosis. I also had my throid removed last year due to nodules.

Soo confused. Had an MRI which showed a spot on my spleen. I had an ultrasound doppler and it showed no blood, no hemmorage which after the MRI they weren't sure. On my liver they knew I had hemangioma but on my spleen they can't tell. I was advised to get another MRI in 6 months to make sure there is no change. If no change I was told just to leave it. Do you agree with this advise? I read some other posts which people had their spleen removed? If it was strictly a hemagioma that is benign so why would that warrant a concern for cancer? Also wandering how come after the MRI they can't ell me what that spot is? It is 1cm by 1. cm. THANKS! Any advise would be helpful.

I went for a kidney ultrasound because my doctor would like to know more about two varicoceles.
So, accidentally the ultrasound doctor told me he saw some cyst in the spleen, may it be an hemangioma so I should look to it.
Next step was a CT scan which indeed show an hemangioma about 1,5 X 1,5 cm. My blood test showed nothing bad and thus my next step is to check the size in about 3 months to make sure it isn't getting bigger.
The CT doctor was pretty sure for the diagnosis, so I must say I must not worry about it...

Hey, did your hemangioma change in size ? Yesterday i had an ultrasound which by accident the dr saw a 1.9cm Hemangioma on my spleen, he stated that he also has one twice the size on the liver. He also told me to go for a check up for another ultra sound in 6 months to monitor the size. If it stays the same I'm not removing anything as i want my spleen obviously

Just had diagnosis of Hemangioma of spleen- can you tell me how it has affected your health since the removal of the spleen?

So. I have 2 splenic hemangiomas. One is 1.9cm and the other is 3.7cm. I also have finally been diagnosed as IgG deficient. Going to dr soon to see about the spleen but very interesting fact.....I've had my tonsils removed, my appendix and now my spleen is going bad!?! Very strange indeed....immunology is very complicated!

How did they diagnose your hemangiomas? Did you have a needle biopsy or was the mass dx by CT and ultrasound? Has anyone had success with needle biopsy? I have a large splenic mass....am having blood tests for Lymphoma but next step may be a needle biopsy....anyone have this done and how it go? I, too have low IgG and get IVIG every 3 weeks....a condition known as CVID.

I just had my second MRI for the same reason. Mine hadn't changed so my DR said that unless I end up with upper left quadrant pain, not to worry about it. If I end up having pain, I can have my spleen removed.

Mine is 4cm long and 2.5 cm across.mine started at 1 mm 5 years ago.i get pain on my left side front and back.thay can get as big as 11 cm iv been told.not sure what that are going to do yet..iv all so got them in my right lung.hope this helps .