My friend has been diagnosed with acoustic neuroma. She has symptoms for over an eight-year period. Her symptoms were “typical” gradual hearing loss and tinnitus in the left ear. The hearing loss started first and ringing in the ear began about two years later and there were no other symptoms, beside occasional headaches, before an MRI revealed a 2.6 mm tumor. The surprise was that what was diagnosed as an acoustic neuroma turned out to be a small hemangioma. This benign blood vessel tumor was of the type that could not safely be removed, so they left it there and now waiting. I am worried about her.

My father was diagnosed at age 57 with acoustic neuroma and he had symptoms for 30 years. The beginning symptoms were hearing loss and tinnitus in one ear. The hearing deteriorated gradually over 20 years and specialists said the most likely cause was nerve damage. Also at few years before diagnosis, dad began to experience occasional but not severe headaches of 3-4 hours duration. The headaches and hearing loss were the two symptoms present when a young new doctor ordered a CT scan followed by an MRI. The final diagnosis was a 2.2 x 3.0 cm acoustic neuroma pressing on the brainstem.

I was 10 when I lost my hearing in my left ear, I had a profound hearing loss now I just when back to my ear doc and she said now I have a moderate/mild hearing loss in my right ear too. I had an MRI 3 years ago and last year and the year before that I would get headaches I thought it was just my class cause my class was really loud but now that I read these comments I am starting to worry I am going to see a specialist in 2 days I am egar to see what he has to say and if he will make me get another MRI

I got the results of my ct scan about a month ago, turns out that I have some weird birth defect, EVAS, enlarged vestibular aquaduct. Basically the tube in my ear is too big, I hope my posts have helped you.