I am 14 and intact. I recently had a small strip of skin attached to the front of the head of my penis which I was able to peel off. Unfortunately, the part of the corona that is now visible is stuck to the foreskin. It looks like it's welded together and in multiple places all around the corona and I cannot retract my foreskin any farther. Will this go away? Is there any thing I can do without having to visit a doctor?

Vanquish,

Its pretty common for the foreskin to have these small strips of skin attaching it to the glans during early puberty. It sounds as though you are working them a bit and they are separating, just like is supposed to happen.

It should go away on its own. Just keep working on it. As your foreskin begins to slide back more it will help the separation.

Give it some time.

Hope it helps.

thanks a lot I was freaked out. I'll continue to work at it

Baby boys are born with the inner layer of the foreskin fused with the surface of the underlying glans penis. This is natural, normal, and protects against infection. Over some years the fusion spontaneously disintegrates and releases the inner foreskin. This usually happens prior to puberty, but not always.

It is not uncommon in adolescence to have the inner layer of the foreskin still fused to the glans penis. It is not a serious problem.

Apparently, your foreskin has not yet released, although it probably is about ready to release due to your age. You can try peeling the foreskin away from the glans penis to see if you can break the remaining fusion. Do it carefully and little by little. It may take you several tries to get it all.

When you tear the foreskin away, the head will be red in color, where the separation occurred, for a while. Put some Vaseline under your foreskin to prevent it from re-adhering to the head.

If you can’t get it to separate by pulling on it, a urologist can help you. It is called “lysing”. Don’t let anyone sell you a circumcision. It is not necessary and extremely harmful.