I am 25 and i think i have phimosis. my foreskin never retracts fully behind the head when erect. i can see some part of my penis though. dis is the image i saw in previous discussions

***this post is edited by moderator *** ***explicit and graphic content*** Please read our Terms of Use

I could say i am between b and c but more towards b. i haven't tried to stretch the skin because i always thought that its normal to have foreskin on head. i do masturbate regularly but the problem remains. I am planning on having sexual relationship so i am afraid of having to face difficulties.

what should i do?

when should i retract and stretch the foreskin while erect or non erect?

should i use any device to stretch or fingers are fine?

can i post the images of my condition here?

Hi Bugg,

As you can see, forget the pictures.

Not all foreskins fully retract, for a variety of reasons.  In some cases stretching can help.  But, I would suggest you see a urologist.

Usually this resolves around 16 or so.  You're older.  Our skin changes as we age and there are creams that can help the skin stretch.  It could also be due to a short frenulum, the urologist can check that as well. 

You have the option of seeing a doctor, most teens are reluctant.

Hope it helps.

hey thanks medic...:)

i wil see the urologist directly

btw while my penis is not erect i can take my foreskin back completely over the head

does this make it anymore easier for retraction while erect?

If it retracts completely when you aren't erect then it may just need stretching.

The creams can help the process along so it loosens "faster."

Good luck.

yeah,
but i will visit a doctor just to be sure of what to do...
thanks a lot for the help...:)

Some guys have foreskins that have tips that are too narrow to pass back over the penis head. These foreskins may be gently stretched over a period of time to cause them to widen.

You are normal for your age. Your foreskin is still developing. You can help it develop by stretching it.

When your penis is erect, gently pull your foreskin back against the head of the penis. As the head attempts to pass through the foreskin it will stretch the skin a little. Do this every day and in a few weeks or months your foreskin will widen and you will be able to retract your foreskin. Do NOT force retraction.

It works by tissue expansion. Stretching skin induces “mitosis” which is a word that means “division of cells”. New skin cells are formed and the skin expands. The increase in size is permanent. Be patient and let mitosis do its work.

A visit to a doctor may not be helpful, because many doctors do not know about foreskin stretching and may recommend a circumcision, which would be a very bad idea.

"You are normal for your age?" Sorry, no. The inability to retract your foreskin usually resolves by about 16 years of age.

A urologist specializes in the male reproductive system. No professional would simply suggest a circumcision without weighing the options and discussing it with the patient.

Since he can pull the foreskin back when not erect it is unlikely that is required. Stretching may be the best option but there are medications that can make it more effective.

@medic and @roland

From both of you I am sure that I wont need a circumcision which is good.

I will keep stretching my foreskin however a visit to doctor will not hurt. If he recommends procedure then i wont do it for sure. But if he gives some cream or medications then its well and good. And I will research about Mitosis too.

So thanks to both of you.

You can use any method of stretching that works for you. Here is a popular method:

This website does not allow images.