I'm a 23 year old male,I came to know only a few days ago that I've been suffering from paraphimosis for more than six years now. I come from a rural place and had no access to internet where i could look for something like paraphimosis,the other option consulting a doctor or talking to parents I didnt chose because I was too ashamed of doing that.

It happened after masturbating,my foreskin was stuck behind my penis head. It got swollen and turned read, I thought it would get back to normal shape after some time. I tried pulling it back on my penis head,but it was too swollen. It remained so for 15-20 days and since then it has been in the same shape. But there is no pain since then, I can do all the things I could do earlier. I've searched web thoroughly and found out that it could have lead to an emergency condition.

My question is that are there any chances that these condition could cause me any problems in future? and if there are any cures except circumcision? 

Thanks

Hi Man,

See a urologist for an examination.  This is their area of expertise.  Depending upon their findings you may have other options.  In some cases stretching can be done.  Some doctors prescribe a steroid based cream to promote this.

You do not have to accept a circumcision.  You can always get a 2nd or 3rd opinion as well.

Ultimately it is up to you what you want to do.  I would be concerned after having the foreskin forced back for two weeks enough that I'd want to have a professional check it out.

Good luck.

The quick way to reduce paraphimosis is to squeeze the head of the penis very very hard between the thumb and forefinger to squeeze blood out of it and to reduce its size, at which time one brings the foreskin forward over head to its normal position. I suspect that your case is too severe for this treatment.

If that doesn't work, you should go to the emergency room at a nearby hospital for assistance. They have other ways of addressing this issue.

Someone may try to sell you or getting a circumcision, however, that is not necessary. The emergency is over when the foreskin is returned to its normal position, because normal blood circulation will be restored.

The foreskin is a complex structure composed of smooth muscle fiber, skin, mucosa, nerves, arteries, and veins. It is natural, normal, healthy, and its possession contributes to a sense of wellbeing. The foreskin has protective, sensory, sexual, and immunological functions. It is loaded with nerves and is the site of most of the penile sensation. The foreskin is a “specific erogenous zone.” Amputation of the foreskin, which is an integral and important part of the penis has very significant adverse effects. The operation is irreversible. If you get circumcised, you will have the rest of your life to mourn your loss.

In the long term, you should undertake a program of manual stretching to widen the tip of your foreskin so that it will not stick behind the head any more:

When your penis is erect, gently pull your foreskin back against the head of the penis. As the head attempts to pass through the foreskin it will stretch the skin a little. Do this every day and in a few weeks or months your foreskin will widen and you will be able to retract your foreskin. Do NOT force retraction.

It works by tissue expansion. Stretching skin induces “mitosis” which is a word that means “division of cells”. New skin cells are formed and the skin expands. The increase in size is permanent. Be patient and let mitosis do its work.

The important thing is to put the skin under tension every day so that it will grow.

Hi Man23:

Paraphimosis only occurs when the foreskin is semi-tight. Circumcision is neither necessary nor desirable. All that is necessary is some manual stretching to widen your foreskin and loosen it.

Paraphimosis is the name of the condition of a retracted foreskin that is stuck behind the glans penis (head) of the penis and will not go forward. One can read about paraphimosis on the Internet.

If the foreskin is tight enough it can cut off blood circulation to the head and cause edema (swelling due to fluid accumulation). Paraphimosis should be promptly reduced when it occurs. Paraphimosis may be reduced by squeezing the head of the penis really hard to force the blood to leave the head. This will temporarily reduce the size of the head at which time the foreskin may be brought forward.

If attempts to reduce the paraphimosis are unsuccessful, then one should go to the emergency room of a nearby hospital. It is not necessary or advisable to be circumcised although some old-fashioned doctors are likely to recommend it.

You should stretch your foreskin to make it wider so that it does not get stuck again.

When your penis is erect, gently pull your foreskin back against the head of the penis. As the head attempts to pass through the foreskin it will stretch the skin a little. Do this every day and in a few weeks or months your foreskin will widen and you will be able to retract your foreskin. Do NOT force retraction. Do NOT cause yourself pain.

It works by tissue expansion. Stretching skin induces “mitosis” which is a word that means “division of cells”. New skin cells are formed and the skin expands but it takes some time. The increase in size is permanent. Be patient and give mitosis time to work.

The important thing is to put the skin under tension every day so that it will grow wider.

Search the Internet for:

“How to Fix Phimosis and Tight Foreskins, Solutions That Work”

and you will find the information and support you need.