I was diagnosed colon adenoma. I should have it removed surgically next month. My doctor suspected on fissure but found adenoma when did colonoscopy. He said that this type of adenoma can lead to cancer and that has to be removed. He said that this adenoma is benign and that I should not be worried. How, when he said cancer? Is colon adenoma tumour or what?

I had colon adenoma, so am familiar with the facts about that. Colon adenoma has potential to transform to malignancy, but primary it is benign collection of growths. I was diagnosed colon adenoma and had it removed 3 years ago. Adenomas are usually benign and can occur on number of places in organism, like on glands-on adrenal gland, pituitary gland. You will have it removed and get the therapy after surgery, need to stay in hospital one day and feel much better after that. You’ll see.