I'm a 15 year old boy and im relatively in good shape but for the past 8 months I've not felt right. I always feel as if I'm in a bubble and separated from everything around me it feels as if I'm in a dream almost. I also suffer from bad headaches but I don't know what it could be, I get them sometimes on the back left side of my neck and slat the top of my head and sometimes it feels like a tight rubber band around my forehead. I also get numb feet sometimes and get sharp pains in my hands sort of like a tingling feeling. Recently about 6 weeks ago I noticed that I have a small hard lump about 3 inches up from my left temple, I'm really worried that I could have a brain tumour and every time I read stuff it just makes me feel like I have the symptoms I'm reading. Please help I'm really scared!!!

Hey Charlie I understand why you are scared but do me a favor and take a deep breath and relax..... While you can't rule out a brain tumor there are much more common and less severe problems that can cause some of these symptoms.   How have things been with life ?  Have you been stressed worried or angry? Do these symptoms happen more when you read about the brain rumors online ?   Does anyone in your family get headaches?  Just let me know and I will try to work with you through some different things.  It may be that you will need to see a dr but let's chip away at things one by one alright?

I've been stressed with GCSE's coming up but other than that my life isn't really stressful but when I read the symptoms of a brain tumour i just make myself believe that I have these symptoms but I read that this can be caused by anxiety. But the thing I'm most worried about is the lump, today at school i felt a burning sensation on it but doesn't hurt when I press on it. No one in my family gets these sort of headaches but sometimes I just get really stressed and worried that it could be a brain tumour although I know these symptoms can mean many other things.

Well the bump you are feeling wouldn't be the brain tumor itself as that would be under your skull. Has he lumps hanged in size or color? Most of what you are describing sounds like anxiety especially if thoes symptoms come on or worsen when reading about or thinking you have a tumor

The bump hasn't got any bigger or changed it colour at all but does hurt sometimes for a few seconds but I'm going to the doctors tomorrow morning to get it checked out, thank you so much for your reply it's made me feel so much more at ease.

You are very welcome let me know what the doctor says

I went to the doctors and they said that the lump on my head is a cyst and nothing to worry about. I told him about the headaches and everything else I've been having and he's referring me to a hospital to see a specialist to find out what's wrong with me :)

Ok good to know... I wondered if it might be a cyst but didn't know because I didn't see it.... Let me know what the specialists find out.... Good luck

Thank you for your reply it's made me feel so much more at ease the last few days :)

You are very welcome please keep me posted