I know it must sound terrible, but one friend of mine has lung cancer. Anyway, it seems that was not enough, but his cancer has metastases. I guess it happened before his doctors had chance to help him. Now I wonder could it really happen that his adrenal gland is infected also. I do not know much about adrenal gland and lung cancer, and I would like to understand it.

Under normal circumstances, lung cells reproduce in an orderly fashion to maintain tissue health and to repair eventually injuries that may happen. However, when growth control is lost, cells divide too much, and too fast, a cellular mass known as tumor is formed. If the tumor is confined to a few cell layers and it does not invade surrounding tissues or organs, it is considered benign. Otherwise, if the tumor spreads to surrounding tissues or organs, it is considered malignant, or cancerous. It is well known that cancerous cells break away from the original tumor, and are able to travel to other parts of the body. Then it is very probably it will grow within other body parts, such as the brain, bone, liver, and adrenal glands as well. It could spread also to the opposite lung, or lymph nodes of the chest or collarbone regions, where the process is known as metastasis. As you could realize, it is more then possible that lung cancer spreads to adrenal gland. Since cancer could metastases through blood and lymph, it is understandable it could come to any part of the body. Condition is serious and requires supervising of many specialists and multiple treatments.