Hi! I need some advices from you. My mum has a huge problem. She needs to go to surgery where they will remove pituitary gland because of tumor. I don't know how I can help her. Does anybody with any experience with having your pituitary gland removed due to a tumor can tell me something more about it? Thanks!

Hi! I feel sorry for your mother. I really can understand what is look like when you have so serious problem. My pituitary gland has removed last year. I was very scared before surgery but everything is ok now. I'm taking certain drugs to replace the hormones. She will also need to use these hormone replacements. Good luck!

Hi edee

I am in a similar situation for my father whose pituitary tumor was removed. Could you tell me if there were any problems you faced till now after the surgery? Will the patients be able to completely resume their normal life?

thanks!

I had surgery 4 years ago to remove a tumour from my pituitary gland.  Prior to the surgery the neurosurgeon told me that I would have to take a pill for the rest of my life. After the surgery, the neurosurgeon told me that the tumour was larger than expected.  I am on a low dosage of prednisone and thyroxine and I feel great.  Just cannot do anything energetic as I break out in sweat easily. My endocrinologist does not know why this happens.  I have also gained a lot of weight. Some time later, my MD mentioned that they had removed the pituitary gland.  I was amazed that the surgeon did not tell me. I continue to be monitored by annual MRI and see my endocrinioogist twice a year.  Recently, I asked my endocrinilogist if my pituitary gland was removed and he said yes, that the tumour had invaded the whole gland and they had to remove gland. I praise and thank God for taking me through the surgery and always.

Hi there,
Having a tumor on your pituitary is very dangerous. It can affect many aspects of your life. The pituitary gland is important because it regulates other glands secretions of hormones. The thing is that most pituitary tumors are noncancerous, which is positive things. However your mother will need a surgery. How long has your mother had pituitary tumor and when is her surgery scheduled? I know that this procedure is very promising and she will be able to continue her life normally after the procedure. It just depends on the percentage of tumor removal. There is a possibility of blindness that will occur if her optic nerve gets injured during the procedure. She might need hormone replacement therapy as well.

I enter the hospital on Friday the 31st of May. the turom will be removed from my petuitary gland. If I lose the gland

what effects should I expect?   Please anyone with any experience.

Hope you are doing well (guest). I too had a tumor removed along with my pituitary gland. I am doing well. Please let me know how you are. j