Is there such a thing like a vitamin that promotes good cardiovascular health? There is a history of cardiovascular disease in my family and I was wondering if there was something I could do to protect myself and prevent the disease. Thank you

I also have a history of heart diseases in my family and I did some reading on the topic. I suggest you did some too. To cut the long story short, you can prevent or avoid cardiovascular disease if you eat balanced diet, if you exercise and possibly take the right vitamins and minerals. There are many things that are characterized as cardiovascular risk and they include eleveated homocysteine levels, high levels of fatty acids, low levels of magnesium, potassium and antioxidants. If you manage to keep the levels of these factors normal, you will probably have a very good cardiovascular health. This means that you need to avoid fats, that you need to exercise and possibly take some of the vitamin and mineral supplements. There are many on the market, put together to serve cardiovascular health.