Good day everyone. So I have one question for you. Since we all have a lot of problems with cardiovascular system (which is logical, we wouldn't be there in some other case) I want to know what are the most common cardiovascular risk factors? I do believe that there are a lot of them, but I never discuss with anyone about this. Not even with my doctor. So I suppose that someone, who has a lot of experience with it can tell me something about it, can inform me about it. I really want to know answer on this question. Tnx a lot. 

Good day there. I think that I can answer on your question very good. There are so many factors that are really common in people. For example, here are some of them:
- hypertension or high blood pressure,
- if you are using tobacco and smoking too many cigarettes,
- if you have raised blood glucose or diabetes,
- if you are not physically active,
- if you are following some unhealthy diet program
- if you are dealing with cholesterol,
- if you are overweight.
Those are all possible factors and risk and you need to do something to control it. Have a nice day.

Hey Couch Potato,

The risk factors that Guest wrote above are already known to me, so I can agree with what he or she wrote. However, those are the risk factors that you can do something about, while there are some that you can't do nothing about.

One of these risk factors is age. As you get older, you get more prone to having cardiovascular disease, and as you can see for yourself, you cannot do nothing here. Another risk factor is gender. A man is at greater risk of heart disease than a pre-menopausal woman. Once past the menopause, a woman’s risk is similar to a man’s.

Hi everyone,

A friend of mine has a cardiovascular disease and since he is a really good friend of mine and we spend a lot of time together, I know almost everything that there is to know about this condition.

His doctor told him that he MUST quit smoking once he found out about his condition. He told him that smoking is one of the main risk factors. He asked about his family, if any of them have a history of cardiovascular diseases because apparently, if someone had it in your family, you can have it as well, just like that.

Hey everyone,

That's smart of you, to know the risk factors so you can avoid all of them, but it's not clever that you don't want to talk to your doctor. Who else can give you a better advice than your doctor? You need to talk to him and he will probably give you the best possible answer that you can get.

Guest has a point there, and so does Bee. There are things that you can do something about and things that you cannot really do anything about. Keep in mind to definitely avoid cigarettes and to try and keep your lifestyle as healthy as you can.

Hello there Couch.

I think that you really should ask your doctor a little bit about it. I mean, we can tell you a lot about it from something that we know, something that we were reading or something else but it is quite impossible for us to tell you all. I do agree with all those risk factors that people in here told you, but I believe that there are so many more risk factors which we don’t know. But you need to be aware that with ages you are more likely to get some of those diseases.

Good luck. 

Hi there.

Yes I am aware that I need to consult my doctor or my cardiologist. I try to consult him almost every time when I am having some serious health conditions or issues. But I really wanted to heart what do you guys think about this issue. I suppose that some of you had already experience with it, so that is why I wanted to hear what do you think. 

Dear guest, thank you so much for sharing this with me, for telling me what are the biggest risk factors. I am not a smoker, tnx God and about weight we could discuss lol.

Hi there. Physical inactivity increases the risk of heart disease and stroke by 50%. It is one of the well-known risk factor. On the second place, obesity is a major risk for cardiovascular disease and predisposes you to diabetes. Diabetes is a risk factor for cardiovascular disease. On the other hand, type2 diabetes a major risk factor for coronary heart disease and stroke. If you are dealing with diabetes you are more likely to have some cardiovascular disease. That is why it is very important to control diabetes, because if you don’t you can develop cardiovascular diseases very soon, in the early ages.