When my boyfriend and I got together we were not using birth control but we were using condoms. I have had to use plan B two months in a row now (I know, I shouldn't be doing this and I am going to get on regular birth control as soon as I have the money to see the doctor). I had a normal period last month, but this month my period has lasted for going on 12 days now. The first two days, it was a normal period, and after that it became very light (not enough to even use a tampon) and the blood is a very dark red/brown color. Is this caused by the Plan B or is there something else wrong with me? I have taken six pregnancy tests in the course of the last three to four weeks and they have all come back negative, including one I took tonight. 

The fact that it was twelve days long is norm if you have been using it consistently or inconsistently for the past two months The change in flow is your body trying to catch up wth the plan b I don't even know who or why somone would give and or prescribe you that much Yes it is Very unhealthy and unsafe to do what you are doing to ur body if you are using condoms and have enough (not a lot but enough) lubrication on the side of the condom that touches you (not the side on him but on you) and there are no breaks or rips in the condom then you should not be taking it at all to get on a steady regmin of condoms and another kind of birth control (one that you don't have to remember to take every day ex: pill) such as depo shot implanon or an iud would be ideal please for the health of your self do not take any more plan b unless you find your self in an unprotected situation such as a break/slip in the condom or no protection. the flow thing and the color is also normal for a regular period ( meaning one without a bunch of hormonal changes) you would not be able to tell weather or not you are pregnant until 14 days at earliest if your next period is more than a week late or you have a ton of pain in your lower abdomen you may be pregnant or have an ectopic pregnancy wich is a pregnancy residing in the felopian tubes. You can see free clanitians and get free birth control at your local plan parenthood or your local county health department it's a matter of some paperwork and scheduling an appt it will ask you what insurance plan your on even if you are on state insurance they will not cover you so say you have none if you need more info write back otherwise ive got no other info have a good one take care down there and ttyl