I am 21 years old and recently I got pregnant when my boyfriend and I forgot to use a condom while drunk. I took the morning after pill but it didn't work. I had a surgical abortion three weeks ago, when I was six weeks pregnant. Unfortunately, I haven't had access to the birth control pill, so I've been continuing to use condoms while having sex with my boyfriend over the past week. Last night, the condom broke while we were having sex and neither of us realized until afterward. I took Plan B again today, but I'm absolutely terrified that the same thing is going to happen all over again not even a month later. I cannot handle (physically, emotionally, or financially) another abortion, and I'm wondering if anyone knows of any herbs or homeopathic solutions to try and guarantee I don't become pregnant again? In other words, is there any way I can stop the egg from implanting in my uterus? Also, am I even ovulating or fertile yet? I had the abortion three weeks ago Saturday, and I obviously haven't gotten my period since. Will Plan B work if it didn't work for me before? So confused, frustrated and scared, any advice and/or guidance would be greatly appreciated. 

Hi Cecillia,

Plan B is fairly reliable but not foolproof.  It is less effective then regular birth control.

There are no natural methods that are safe.  Anything that you may take could, if it does not prevent pregnancy, cause severe birth defects.

As to if you're ovulating, we can't tell either.

Regular birth control pills, daily, are about 99% effective, better than a condom.  The condoms should not be breaking as often as they are.  Either they are out of date, yes they do expire, are being put on incorrectly, or you are using an oil based lubricant.

Hope it helps.  Good luck.