I'm only 15 years old and believe I'm pregnant. I live in Chicago, Illinois and I CANNOT tell my parents if I'm pregnant. They would kill me.  (My brother got hit when they found out his girlfriend was pregnant.) My next expected period is June 11th. I've been burping alot lately and my stomach's been hurting since Sunday (May 29th) night after drinking a wine cooler. Is there any way to know if I'm pregnant before I find out if I missed my period or not (and even after because some people still have a period when they're pregnant I'm told). And if I am in fact pregnant is there any way I can get an abortion without parental consent? I have someone over the age of 18 who can take me to get one if it's possible.

in illinois it was just made (6/1/11) that parental notification 48 hours before the abortion procedure does not legally have to be enforced. Hearing that leads me to believe that you would not need your parents permission, however depending on where you go they can and may call them ahead of time, choose carefully.