im 16 and im really scared im pregnant. if i wanted to get an abortion could i bring my 18 year old boyfriend or do i need parental consent? i live in massachusetts. if i do need parental consent do they have to come or can i just get a signature? also how hard is it to get a court bypass??? also how old do you have to be in order to get an abortion in mass without parental consult? PLEASE ANSWER QUICKLY!! HELP im so scared!! 

Hi Scared,

First, are you pregnant?  Have you taken a home test?  If your period is late you can.   Use your first morning urine, follow all directions carefully especially times.

Second, you need parental consent and they need to be there.  Otherwise you'd need to go to court to get a judge to bypass.  That can take time, and money.

At 18 you wouldn't need permission.

Hope it helps.

In Massachusetts you need parental consent from one parent

I live in Missouri, and I'm 16. I'm pretty sure that I might be pregnant. Me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex about 3 weeks ago.. And I think I might be having symptoms but I'm not sure. I have naturally big boobs so I can't tell f they are swollen or not, and I used to take naps everyday after school do I can't tell if I'm more tired that usual. I have a pregnancy yet that I can take but I don't want to freak out over nothing. Also, I understand how to get an abortion without my parents consent, I just have a couple questions about it. Do I have to make an appearance in court?? Cause what if it's during school and I can't get out of it? How much does an abortion usually cost? How do I find a gpod clinic around me? If anyone can please help me answer these questions I will be so happy!!! PLEASE HELP!

Hi Shontelle,

First off, find out if you are pregnant. Your symptoms are not specific to pregnancy they could be anything. Often the first sign of pregnancy is a missed period.

When you do test, use your very first (wake-up) urine. It's more concentrated so more likely to give you an accurate result.

If you do need help, find a Planned Parenthood near you. They can give you all sorts of information. From what I can find, under 17 you need parental consent or a judge. You would have to appear in front of the judge. Costs vary so I can't help you with that.

Please remember, there are other options too.

Good luck.