I am attending a party in a few days and I would have been on accutane for 3 days prior to the party (taking 2 tablets daily at 20mg) and I was wondering if it is safe to drink?  

Hi my son was on this drug when he was younger and I noticed some horrible side effects, he got very depressed, and had massive nose bleeds, dry skin had trouble sleeping, and mood swings, if you dont have to be on this drug then you shouldnt, and if you do then probably the best thing I would say would be not  drink as this would only add more toxins to your body that are unnecessary and could compicate things even more.  If in doubt check the website out for the drug, this should explain it a little more.

I've seen enough accutane horror stories to know I certainly wouldn't take any chances with this drug.  Liver damage is one of the main risks, so avoiding alcohol would seem to be mandatory.  

When you are young, you tend to think modern medicine can fix most any complication or problem that might occur, or if you have a problem you can just stop the drug and all will return to normal as before, but this is simply not true.  

Accutane is one drug you shouldn't play around with...  It can change your life forever.  Better for many, but permanently damaged for some.  Please look into this further before you roll the dice with this drug!  

Whilst on this treatment my dermatologist told me that drinking alcohol, even if you have only taken one dose of isotretinoin can have terrible effects on your intestine due to a chemical reaction with the two which can leave cysts in your stomach, so no, it would not be safe xx