Hi, my son has been prescribed with accutane for his acne problem, but I don’t know how safe that medicine is?

Hi, isotretinoin is the active compound of Accutane. Accutane is efficient drug that can cure acne. It can cause horrible birth defects in pregnant women, but as you have son, you have nothing to worry about. A three- or four-month course of Accutane will destroy the oil glands and reduce spreading of acne. This will not make the skin dry, since dry skin is caused by lack of water.Studies approved it’s long-term safety, because of small number of side effects. Only two percent of patients reported muscle aches at follow up, and 5 percent dry mouth.

who are we kidding, horrible birth defects in pregnant women aren't the only bad side effects to be concerened about. Suicide is something to worry about. As well as ibd problems and RA. Read the fda reports on accutane