hey,
my name is jeff. i recently have been buying adderall off of my friends to do well in school. A few weeks ago on friday (exam day) later that night i went out drinking with my friends. That day i tood 95mg of adderall during the day. That night about two hours after i started drinking i started experiencing a horrible headeache. I drank about 12 beers and didnt feel the least bit drunk. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Is there a bad side effect from mixing adderall and beer?
Thank you very much.

First, let me start by saying that buying prescription drugs without a prescription is not only totally illegal, it could also be very dangerous if not monitored by a doctor. If you have not been diagnosed with ADD or ADHD, then I would suggest you stop taking Adderall immediately.

Alcohol and any psychiatric medication carries risks, and different people can have different side effects. One of the side effects of drinking alcohol while on Adderall is that the drinker could potentially feel less inebriated. While this may seem as a good side effect, there's no telling what the long-term side effects are since very little has been done in the way of studying such effects. Essentially, the field of pharmacology generally does not do a lot of studying on the effects of alcohol on most psychiatric medications since, as previously stated, the two should almost never be mixed.

Hey my name is Ella and when i take Adderall with alcohol it makes me more drunk then i would usually get if i wasnt on them?? Is that possible?

I believe if you abuse your dosage of Adderall and then drink alcohol, the Adderall effects will dominate your alcohol side effects. However, that will be short lived in most cases. Most cases you have an extremely lower tollerance to alcohol than usual because your food consumption has decreased significantly. Lack of food = alcohol going straight to your blood=straight to your head if you will. P.s. you will probably become violently ill and vomit. Be careful.

Hey jeff, if you are serious that's one helluva day. Thats a shitload of adderall and beer. If you wanna party, party. But that's over the top and that will f**** you up if you keep doing that. Just being honest

Actually what you describe is really common. In the underground many people take ritalin or adderal or vyvanse before they drink so they will not feel the effects of alcohol so seriously. This rarely is safe.

The three drugs i mentioned above tend to cause you to mis judge your alcohol tolerance. Your body can only go so far, but those drugs tend to trick your body into thinking that you arent even close to your limit.

Because of this, the biggest danger is that you keep drinking and drinking and drinking but because of the medication it is extremely difficult to tell when you have drank too much.

In simple terms: these medications delay the effects of the alcohol... As far as you can tell.

As i first mentioned above, i have seen people take these drugs to prolong their ability to drink... But i have also seen these people drink way more than they should and still be acting like they are only on their second beer. Then they just spontaniously pass out, no signs that their body wont tolerate anymore or anything; they simply pass out.

Needless to say, that is going too far; especially when your body has to shut down.

So really, be extremely careful about how much you drink, set a limit before you start, because it is really easy to go too far when you are on these drugs.

Hope this reply helps :-)

Just as a quick clarification. No answer is solid when the question is about psychoactive drugs, as they effect people in different ways and on different scales. Furthermore, i am making this second post on this thread as an extension of my previous post.

Getting plastered while on these drugs is not a pretty site. As i mentioned above, in many instances you will pass out. But depending on how much you have taken (dosage), these drugs will push your body to stay consciouse long after it would have normally forced you to give up. In these cases your body and the medication tend to conflict with one another. Your body wants the abuse to end, yet the effects of the medication keep it going longer. When this happens, it is not a pretty sight. I have seen some people flail about, drifting in and out of consciousness while barely being able to stay on their feet.

Just to reiterate, when you get to this point ,while on adhd medication, where your body wants to pass out, or does pass out; then you have gone way too far and are then hurting your body alot in one instance. Needless to say, if you reach this point, then you will most likely regret it physically and socially when you wake up five or so hours later.

In conclusion. Going too far with alcohol is almost never a good thing and when it comes to drinking while on these meds, the problem is that it is hard to know when you have gone too far.

You're playing with fire...don't get burned! :-(

well, I say pile it on. It is a pretty site, and if you cant handle a 12 pack and some pills then man up!!!! Ex, Vic, Coke, Add, Vodka, It all equals a good night.... Nothing to sweat about at all!!!! Plenty of beer to keep it all moving makes it all the better!!!!

damn straight
the more sh*t your on the better u feel. start out with some uppers to get the night going, then drink to keep it goin, then at the end smoke a bowl and pass out. It doesnt get much better than that

We all like to party and get to the edge but think about the big picture. Sure, "pile it on" now but the time comes when the body talks back and depending on your genes it may scream back.

Using your intelligence now will allow you to party on into life. Overdo it now and you won't be man enough to party on.

The people that say the more messed up you are the better are completely retarded. They'll be dead soon. I love to party, but you need to know your limit. And I must say that that amount of adderall is insane for anyone!! Be careful and think wisely.

Being that I am a person diagnosed with ADHD, a college student, and a psychology major I thought I'd share what I have learned about Adderall. It is a stimulant medication that is very harsh on your internal organs. You may not feel bad when you take it but if you don't have the proper diet when you are prescribed Adderall you can seriously damage your body for life. For instance, the beginning of your digestive tract can become scarred and not function properly for the rest of your life and cause your body to not properly digest food. On top of that your whole intestinal system and colon all have to deal with the waste that is put through your system so drinking with adderall is essentially sending molton lava through your body's most precious parts. This includes your brain! Your reward center in your mind will be warped to a point where you may even need rehab to stabilize your brain and synapses. I suggest that you don't drink and take adderall, but if you are going to make sure to do it ON A FULL STOMACH OF FOOD. The food will help prevent digestive tract damage and will slow the absorption of adderall and alcohol into your bloodstream. I know college kids will do whatever they please, I'm one of them and I used to, but I suggest bringing up the long term effects of what these two can do to one's health. For instance, I had a friend who was a great athlete in high school but when he got to college all he did was party. He would drink and take adderall on an empty stomach and not care. Well unfortunately for him he now has trouble digesting his food and his once muscular frame is merely loose skin and deflated muscle. So now asides from losing his muscle, his body can't even process food properly to maintain a healthy body. He has difficulty gaining healthy weight and is now very weak. Partying is fun and it's something I'll do my whole life but do it SMART. EAT FOOD BEFORE YOU PARTY! It will save your insides a whole lot of trouble and keep you healthy. Hell, if you gain a few pounds from it at least you'll be able to lose it rather than having to fight to gain back healthy weight.

i have moderate to sever ADD and only take 20 mg a day. i dont no how you do that, or why. But seriously tho, i dont think anyone has answered your question, and i am tryin to figure out the same thing. I am LEGALLY prescribed adderall XL and only take what the doc recommends. I realize the drug is a stimulant as i can feel my heart beatin in my chest very hard when im resting. but will it kill me to have a few brews more then 12 hours later? last week i had a friend pass away from an accidental over dose and has me freakin out bout takin tylonal. i eat a well balanced diet every day and take my pill with food, so what that psyhc major was talkin bout isnt something im terribly concerned about. and Im not talkin little head aches and porlonged intoxications, i wanna know if take my medication in the moring and drink a little that night, will i always wake up the next moring?!?!

Wow, those last two post just really make one think of evolution and survival of the fitest.

Its like those motorcyclist that don't wear helmets.... because helmets are "uncool". When I see one I just wish they would crash so there would be less stupid people in the world. Just like those last two posts. Keep doing that and your FAMILY will pay for your actions by missing a loved one after your heart blows up in your chest!

But hey... Its like that movie Idiocracy which I am guessing the last two posters have seen....