I was on accutane treatment for couple of weeks because of my problem with acne. I stopped using accutane two days ago. I can’t complain it really helped me but as I know that accutane is a very powerful drug I am worried how long does it stay in the body?

You know that accutane is naturally occurring derivative of vitamin A. It is detectable in the blood stream of all people. Vitamin A is harmful because it quickly builds up the tissue. Accutane is formed from the vitamin A in the blood stream that is why the body is able to remove accutane from the bloodstream in only nine days and has no lasting effect on future pregnancies (for example).

i recently found out that im 5 weeks pregnant and i have been taking acnetane since 4 september 2008. i would take doses of 1 pill 3 times a week and it appears that the last time i took a dse was during the 1st week of November 2008. i am worried that there might be something wrong with my baby. please help me!!!

I am in the same situation as you are except that i took the pills for about 2 weeks. May i ask how did your pregnancy go? I am now in the position of needing to make the decision as to whether or not i should terminate the pregnancy.

Please help..

Hi

I have been taking accutane for three months then later decided the medicine wasn't for me. I stopped takin accutane two weeks before i concieved and i'm worried that it may have an effect on my baby. Can somebody help me please.

Danielle

Did everything come out ok for those who conceived? I too became pregnant a few weeks after my last dose.

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if they went on to have healthy babies after taking isotretinoin and how long did you wait before finishing treatment and conceiving. I took the drug in 2009 i am now 39 and my acne has returned and I am thinking of taking it again. I am conscious of my age, and wondered if Istarted treatment on a low dose at 10mg per day would it be safe to wait for 6 months after treatment until trying for a baby? did anyone wait less with positive results?

im wondering what happened to those ladies that have been pregnant few months after accutane?they just post but dont follow up...

My doctor strongly advised terminating the pregnancy. The pictures of babies born with the known birth defects are horrific. It is a decision that haunts me but I didn't want to have a child suffer either.

All of you woman that say you took a one or two doses then found our you were pregnant what happened? Or women who took the drug and then only waited the questionable 1 month period to get pregnant??? What Happened to you?  I took two 40mg accutane pills (clavis-may have spelled that wrong) in the begging of June 2012 and then I took 1 pill on July 4,2012 and found out I was pg on July 11. I called my doctor right away and got a negative pg test he said I was too early and order blood work then discovered I was indeed pg. I found an OBGYN immediately and told her about my accutane intake she said I will be fine because the baby does not live off of your blood supply for two weeks. I am still very concerned. In March of 2011-Sept. 2011 I was on accutane and it did wonders for me I took two 40mg a day (80mg a day) and I never felt bad while on it I do not have any long term side effects as of now...I need a lil extra chap stick but nothing like when I was in treatment and a daily user of the drug. I understood the iplege program and abide by the rules knowing and fearful of the dangers this drug caused. This pregnancy was very unexpected. I have contacted Ipledge even though my treatment is over they said that they want to follow my pregnancy. So please anyone of you women out there help!!!! I am 10 weeks!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I conceived around 3 weeks after my last dose. I was taking 40mg of Amnesteem every other day. I stopped taking it because I was sick of taking pills after 4 months even though my doctor wanted me to stay on it another month. Unfortunately, our "permanent" form of birth control failed us when we stopped using condoms and everything felt like a nightmare. Right now, I'm 33 weeks pregnant and have had several ultrasounds and everything looks perfect! She is such a miracle to me. My OB and dermatologist have both reassured me numerous times that me and my baby are going to be just fine :). Given the half-life of isotretinoin, it can only stay in your system for a few days, plus is takes several days for the fetus to attach to the uterine wall. I contacted OTIS, which is a non-profit organization who studies the effects of teratogens such as isotreinoin. Contact them if you need more reassurance. Praying that you and your babies will be fine :)!

Thank you for the reply that is so very kind of you to post. I feel as if it was negligent to take such a drug and have unprotected sex even with oral contraceptive ...don’t mean any offense to anyone that reads this...because obviously I myself became pg after taking accutane pills that were left over from a prior prescription, however there are hardly any documentation on situations like this, it would be refreshing to know that others went thru this and find out how their babies turned out. I would be in a total different situation if I was a daily user of accutane then I would be very sure of the complications with pregnancy. I did contact Ipledge and they want to follow my pregnancy I have heard of OTIS and I will consider contacting them. Thank you again and thank you for the prayers. Congrats to you too! I will also keep you in prayers! Having Faith does wonders!

I completely agree and am not offended. However, I was not using oral contraceptives. Almost 2 years ago, I had my tubes tied and the procedure was faulty. Our secondary form was condoms. It's just one of those extremely rare cases which makes me realize that it was just meant to be. I'm glad I was using two forms of birth control while actively taking the medication. If the doctors tell you there's no reason to be worried, I'm sure you'll be fine. I will update if anyone has any questions, especially after the baby is born. I know nobody likes to talk about cases like these, but just know that there is hope.

Yes please keep us updated! Thank you!

plz can you tel me hows ur baby which have borned during taking isotretinion ...m in d same situation and thinking about terminate the pregnancy plz suggest me something...