I am currently on accutane treatment but am planning on staying pregnant and would like to hear if accutane could affect my pregnancy or should I stop taking it for I’ve heard my derm was talking about some accutane side effects especially regarding pregnancy and I also done two pregnancy test before I was prescribed accutane at all but to be honest I forget the bunch of info he told me. So what do you think of pregnancy following accutane… how long until I can conceive?

I don’t get it how you’ve misheard it but your derm must have told you about accutane side effects especially regarding pregnancy. You see, it takes about I guess two pregnancy tests before you can be prescribed accutane at all and what do you think why? The accutane is strong drug that might cause you some serious health problems if not taken as prescribed and that means it is of vital importance for you to get informed (and remember it) about possible accutane side effect while on some other drugs or medicines for example. And make sure that you need at least one month rest from accutane and after that period you’re allowed to conceive. Remember don’t take accutane while being pregnant for it might cause some fatal side effects such as hurting your unborned child, it might makes it defected or even kill it, and it may cause pregnancy loss or premature birth.
And if you plan on keeping the accutane treatment after the labor just remember its’ not recommended to breastfeed your baby while on accutane for there might be some
accutane traces in mother’s milk that could harm the baby. This is not proven for sure but just to avoid possible side effects don’t breastfeed while on accutane. Take care!

i was on accutane 20mg everyday from june 2012 till 6th oct2012 ,and my last period cycle was on 8th nove it means i ovaluted on22nd nov ....now i am 16 week preg and no negative report plz tel me my baby will be fine....m tnse help me

you can not take it at all when pregnant