Hello. Ever since I got pregnant my face has been like a bomb, all covered in zits. I have never had such problems. I knew I was going to experience some changes during pregnancy but not such. Anyway, I wanted to buy accutane and I told my friend and she told me that she read that accutane is not good to be used during pregnancy. Is this true? Where can I get more info? Thx

Hi there! I will give you all the info you need. I though the same when I first had this severe acne breakout in the 3rd month. I went to a dermatologist to ask for accutane or tetracycline and she looked at me as if I were crazy. She couldn’t believe I was so misinformed. Accutane and tetracycline are strictly forbidden to be used during pregnancy. It has been reported that approximately 25-35% of infants born to women exposed to Accutane during the first trimester of pregnancy showed a pattern of birth defects. There were craniofacial defects, heart defects, and central nervous system defects. There is also an increased risk of miscarriage and infant death associated with use of Accutane during pregnancy. As for tetracycline, it appears to cause some inhibition of bone growth and discoloration of teeth in a fetus. What you could do is talk to a dermatologist about some other treatments.