Hello, I am new to this board and I need some advice. I have stenosis and herniations c4-c5-c6, but my doctor recommended to have ACDF at 6/7??? I’ve read that fusion can have stress effect on other levels. Anyone else concerned about the affect of fusion on other troubled levels?

Hi, from most of my research and talking to the different people there are very different opinions. It is all so confusing at times. What to do, what to believe… etc. The best way to address this is to learn as much as you can about ACDF and fusion effects on other levels. Also it is helpful to have neuro who you trust and will take time to answer your questions and concerns with full explanations for his reasoning. I have had cord compression and they gave me two choices: manage and monitor the symptoms closely, if any signs of myelopathy-surgery or do surgery right off of the bat. Take care