Hello. I need useful advice. I am still in pain from my last surgery, which was one year ago. I had acdf between c5 and c7 and I am still in a lot of pain. 2 days ago I had ct done and it showed spinal stenosis from c4 to c6. Is this possible? Could this be because of the surgery?

Hey there,
I am sorry to hear about your situation. What did doctor say when she/he found out spinal stenosis. Did you perhaps had those disks heriated?
I also had acdf from c4 to c6 and also had some problems at the beginning, but as I see from posts of others, I am the lucky one … I could say I feel 90 % better. How are you healing otherwise from acdf? I hope you find some way to relieve your pain... I never heard that surgery could cause spinal stenosis, but maybe I am wrong.
Did you try any massages, visiting chiropractition?

I am also in more pain now than before my C7 ACDF last June of 2007. Now have a pinched nerve in my right elbow and spinal stenosis. Also have arthritis in the cervical area and can barely turn my neck in any position. My neck "cracks" loudly when rotated and feels extrememly stiff 24 hours a day. Still on pain meds (non-narcotic) everyday 4 hours. My ankles and feet are very painful and both arms still numb. My employer terminated me via mail last week and with the 60% workman's compensation benefit the bills are piling up. I can barely get around and had an EMG done earlier this week. Not only is there a pinched nerve but the doctor noticed the difference in the web portion of the top of my hand between the thumb and the index finger - I have muscle detrioration. I have gone from a healthy, strong as a bull, 42 year old father of twin boys to a cannot do anything lump! It is driving me crazy and plus all of the pressure I have placed on my wife to do everything around the house. I try but the pain is really severe. I truly feel for all who are going thru this and pray for your recovery. What a change to my life. Did I mention the horrible headaches I get a few times a week and the 25 lbs. I gained since being at home since last June??? All I can do and say is keep the faith - better days have to be ahead.