My boyfriend takes painkillers and alcohol all the time. Every time he gets sick at least one night he drinks. Is it dangerous? I am scared that he will make damage to self. Are there painkillers that are safe to take at the same time as drinking alcohol/a few hours before drinking? Thanks.

I think that he is safe with Paracetamol. It says that it does not interact with alcohol when taken in recommended doses, however, if he has liver problems, either from drinking alcohol or other causes, not advisable! Also it is “normally” okay to drink alcohol when taking ibuprofen or aspirin if you drink within the recommended amount of alcohol of less than 14 units per week for females and less than 21 units per week for males. But I would do that because Alcohol can irritate the stomach and may make you more likely to have side effects to aspirin or ibuprofen including bleeding in the stomach or intestine.