HI I am a 40 year old man that spends a lot of time driving a semi truck for my job as an oilfield service employee, for the last couple of months I have had pain in my tailbone when I sit down on any surface or chair. I haven't fell or hit myself and it is causing me trouble preforming my job. Anybody have an idea of what I could do to stop this?

Hi philbert,

even though tailbone pain very often is caused by fall or recent injury, it doesn't always have to be the case. The pain can also be caused by prolonged weight and pressure tail bone had to endure during long hours of sitting. This kind of injury accumulates and accumulates until it starts to cause the pain. But, there is some help.

Since you can't completely avoid sitting, you should ttry using coccyx cushion - a doughnut shaped cushion that relieves pressure from your tailbone (coccyx). Also, pain relievers such as ibuprofen might help because they also reduce the inflammation in the area. But, if the pain is persistent you will need to see your doctor who will asses the possible treatment.