My 4 year old boy has swollen palms. I noticed this afternoon and now they are turning to purple-red color. Also he has swollen lymph nodes and reddish rash on his stomach. I think we are going to take him to ambulance, as soon as my husband returns from night shift. First I thought it is nothing serious and I couldn’t even tell if palms were swollen, but now these symptoms are frightening me.
Also his temperature is starting to rise (afternoon 36,9; now 376,6). He also started to complain his belly hurts.
If anyone has any suggestion what this might be, please, come forward!
(If these is of any information, we are Japanese origin.)

Hello!
I think your son has a disease, which is typical for children of Japanese and Korean origin, but is seen also in other ethnic groups. It is called Kawasaki disease and 20 of 100 000 kids in USA have it. This is an illness that involves skin, mouth, lymph nodes. Typically it affects children under age 5.
I think you recognized the disease early enough and your son will be all right in few days. And yes, you should go to doctoras soon as possible. If this leave untreated, it can lead to serious complications of the heart.
These are the symptoms of the Kawasaki disease: severe redness in the eyes, rash on the childs stomach or any other part of the body, red and dry lips, swollen tongue, swollen palms (with red purple color), swollen lymph nodes, fever.
If disease is left untreated more than 10 or 14 days and you are waiting yours son condition to get better, that might cause serious problems of the heart. In that manner, Kawasaki disease can lead to vasculitis, which is inflammation of the blood vessels, which may be threat to coronary arteries, which supply blood to the heart. Besides that, changes in the normal pattern of the heartbeat or abnormal functioning of some heart valves can also occur (Arrhythmias).
Doctor will probably monitor your son’s heart function, take blood and urine samples to rule out some conditions (that have similar symptoms, like scarlet fever, measles, etc). If doctor determines this is Kawasaki disease, your son will be treated with intravenous doses of gamma globulin and high dose of aspirin to reduce the risk of heart problems.
I hope your little son will be fine in few days! Best wishes!