Hi recently I have been feeling very anxious all the time. I was diagnosed with generalized anxiety and my main constant fear is that I going to make it worse and make myself become schizophrenic. I don't hear voices or have any of the signs..but since my personality is so obssessive it is easy for me to make myself think I am. Lately I have been having alot of problems sleeping at night and I am constantly panicked. I know the reason is my anxiety but is it possible to turn it into something more? please help!

I have a fear of the same, I think its just part of Anxiety attacks / Disorder, you think the WORST.... and once you get passed the idea of death, this is pretty much the worst.. I believe is all mental. I am going through the same thing right now, and its not fun.

Celebrity
Leafy is right. It is all about how you are improperly processing your thoughts which is part of the anxiety disease/curse. I used to have panic disorder which I am finally getting over thanks to the skills I learned in my cbt group. Pick up a copy of been there, done that? Do this! By sam obitz (tao3.com) and start doing the tea form exercise and you will learn how keep from going into a panic cycle over irratiuonal thoughts and physical symptoms that are not dangerous. You just have to learn how to train your brain to interupt the panic cycle that makes the symptoms worse. If you can afford it join a cbt group too. Good luck and realize you can get better. I have been told that there has never been a single case of anxiety turning into schizophrenia and that they are totally different diseases.

you are the oppesite of schizo, being afraid of a genatic disorder doesnt make you have it, it's like being afraid of having cancer, it doesn't come from you being afraid,and the most important thing is that no schizo knows he/she is one. but please know something. fear is a waste of time and brain and some people have helucination from shocking events and usually it's treatable, also there's no problem that can't be solved in life.
anxiety can manifest in you brain convinsing you to have a problem when you're not and you start your rejection thinking habits. one thing you should do and it's the only thing that makes it go away.live without untill it feels normal. our brains adabt to things and time heals everything and please note that each person is feeling the same way for other things than you're, you're afraid of going crazy, others feels the same you do but maybe if they get broke or lose a friend or a cat. never know what brain can do, but always adabt and have fun, I know many sever cases of anxiety that are successful and having fun in life, remember you're on earth and not in heaven, sh*t happens

Hello there,
The major cause of Schizophrenia (regardless of type) is a genetic condition that is hereditary. Unless you have a family history of schizo, the likelihood of you getting is almost non-existent. Anxiety is not a precursor to schizophrenia or any other serious mental disease. It is nothing more than an irrational fear that we have lead ourselves to believe and now hold it as truth. It is a behavior response rather than a mental disease, unlike schizophrenia; a disease characterized by the over production of serotonin, causing brain damage in certain areas of the brain, particularly those that govern social and behavioral stimuli. Honestly the best thing that you can do for yourself is either find ways to help yourself conquer your anxiety, or find someone who specializes in anxiety and allow him/her to help you with your anxiety.
Hope this helps,
-Mel

Melanie, that was a beautiful reply. I was about to come in here and report the exact same thing that you said, but what you said was perfect. I think it's awfully ironic that one fears exactly what one is utterly incapable of getting. Anxiety disorders have an incredibly low rate of comorbidity with schizophrenia and that even if you did go schizophrenic, you wouldn't notice or care about slipping into it. Thanks for posting!

Celebrity
Great advice Mel :-D

I have never heard any association of anxiety and schizophrenia fwiw.

Celebrity
I think schizophreniacs get anxiety but I have never heard of anxiety turning into schizophrenia.

It also makes some sort of sense if you think about it. if you're worried about being schizophrenic, you're pretty unlikely to be schizophrenic. They usually don't see anything wrong with the way they see things.

Celebrity
This is a really good point :idea:

hi there guest!!!

Try to search on the Linden Method . It can help a lot . Im a depression/anxiety sufferer but lately I saw something on youtube about the Linden method fight against anxiety and fear and it seems to help me battle these thoughts. I know how you feel , how desperate you feel out there because I experience the same symptoms, but one day I saw these video about the linden method and after a while I was feeling better.

Honey its nothing to be ashamed or fear of its all mental and this is not a disease but its a state of mind ..

I hope it will work with you too, and btw if the moderators are here to try and help anxiety sufferers pls let me put this site for everybody to see it ok??? PLZZZZZZ!!!

eNJOY:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUCPVx3hieg

Regards

Gilxxx

JR1 wrote:

healthnfitnessguy wrote:

This is a really good point :idea:

Thank you very much. It was actualy something that I had to tell myself because I actually have OCD, and at one point I was suffering from it badly. I was pretty convinced that I was becoming schizophrenic, and that's what I had to reason with myself. And the best thing is, it's true. Schziophrenics are concerned about what their voices tell them, not that they're going crazy. Does that make sense?

Celebrity
This absolutely makes sense! I personally have never heard voices, but I imagine that is a completely different and even more all encompassing than bad anxiety is.

When you are schizo I think you think you are normal and therein lies the problem.