I had watched a lot of movies, and read a lot of books about psychotic persons. I have never took it for serious. But during the last weekend in my building a man with psychotic and manic episodes has murdered his wife and son. It is more terrifying than all those movies I have watched. I am wondering do they have memories of manic/psychotic episodes.

Well the real word is always more terrifying then the imagine one. People with these disturbances usually don't remember those manic episodes. They don't want to remember so they blocked their memories sub concisely. So they can remember it usually only with help of psychologist or hypnosis. I hope that I have helped you.

I believe they do remember.If they do not they were probably on some drugs.

Most schitzophrenic people do remember their hallucinations and what they do during them. I had a friend that was diagnosed at 18 and at 21 he shot and killed his step father, he remembers doing it and why he thought it was justified. This is a very scary and sad thing, but they are completly aware of their actions and just dont consider the consquences.

I have bipolar disorder which isn't exactly the same illness obviously but during my manic episodes there are a lot of my actions and words that I do not remember doing or saying after my manic episode is over with. I believe that it is because the brain is in such a heightened rate of functioning that it makes it nearly impossible to remember everything you said, thought, and did (and why you did what you did.) Also, because when a person is manic their morals, personal reasoning, and normal personality gets altered while in the state making it really hard when after the episode is over to have to deal with the repercussions of your decisions. Hope that helped a little. Although schizophrenia and bipolar disorder are different, there are some similarities in which I can relate.

my brother is diagnosed with bipolar. he said that my niece's husband was going to kill him. and when i went to talk to him. he said that he didn't tell me. If i have episodes i am not thinking about who im saying it too. i also would not stay at the house with the person i think is going to kill me, he also said that my sister and family were going to die, but wouldnt feel anything. and kind of laughed at her, why would he stay at her house if he thought they were going to die.i have some episodes but if i believed all this I would not stick around for all of this to come down. Please help me to understand.

I use to think that also, but when my sister endured her episode, she had no memory of what occurred. Although, at times I felt that she was lying because she recalls the times when she was strapped down in the mental hospital and what was going on; so it's possible there could be times where she can remember and not remember.

In actuality, people suffering from both can remember what occurred during their bouts. It's just that the mind is moving so fast, they think it's a dream or another state of mind in a non-reality kind of way.

To correct you, some do recall what occurred while others don't. It all depends on the severity of the episodes during their bouts.