Hi, my wife had some psychotic episodes. She was hearing voices and had some delusions, 5 or 6 times during the last 3 years. After seeing a doctor, she was diagnosed with psychosis. Sometimes it seems like she`s totally lost a touch with reality. She`s often confused and depressed. She`s been using some meds (antipsychotic drugs) and her condition is a way better, but I fear that her psychosis could develop in schizophrenia.

Hi, had some experience with psychosis (my Dad had his psychotic episode, but only one so far). And yes, psychosis can lead to schizophrenia or manic depression. The voices and unfounded beliefs are the common followers of psychosis. Pneumonia, lack of sleep, high fever, flu, alcohol or drugs could be the cause of it. When you say that sometimes it seems like she`s lost it, well, the psycosis is a loss of contact with reality. Many people can have one psychotic episode during their lives - some may live with ongoing psychosis.